Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(btenn @ Jun 12 2003, 08:42 PM)Seen some down at the boat this evening. I ate them.

Did you eat them raw or saute' them ?
Zip sauce, or ketchup ?
Melted butter ?
Were they delicious ?

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
I was hoping that the cold weather and cool water temps would eliminate them this year.....maybe there won't be as many

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Jun 12 2003, 09:45 PM)QUOTE(btenn @ Jun 12 2003, 08:42 PM) Seen some down at the boat this evening. I ate them.

Did you eat them raw or saute' them ?
Zip sauce, or ketchup ?
Melted butter ?
Were they delicious ?
Deep fryed em with blue cheese dressing on the side to dip them in.
I`m going to get me some more.

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Fish flys $uck!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Had a couple hanging on the boat on the way back from the 'Fish last night. Don't like them, but their presense (sp?) means the lake is healthy

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Rob @ Jun 12 2003, 10:05 PM)Fish flys $uck!
I think I'll get to experience them a little closer than usual this year. <_<

My condo just happens to have a big a$$ mercury light right on the corner too.

Maybe I'll shoot the bulb out when they are full strength!

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I hate fish fly's!

I remember I was walking through Garwoods, with some cute sandles on, with heels (if anyone know's DD, it's hard for me to walk gracefully with any heeled shoe's on), anyways, I was on the deck, walking into Garwoods, slid on some fish fly's, dam near did the curley shuffle across the floor. I don't think anyone saw me, except the Security guy...he chuckled...thank god I was able to turn it into a little dance to save my pride.
<_<

Anyone else ever do the Fish Fly dance?

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
There was a mayfly hatch last weekend on lake Skegemog in Rapid City (where I was fishing a tournament).

They are an essential element to the ecosystem on St Clair and a good indication that the lake is doing well. Yes they are an inconvenience, BUT better than the alternative (think Lake Erie in the 70's).

Also should be a good reminder to everyone to wear your sunglasses while underway to avoid getting one in the eye. I did that a few years back @ 50MPH and it is not pretty.

Mini

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Try riding (passenger) on a motorcycle across them! It's like riding on ice, dam! I always kept a face shield on......

They are, as some of you stated, a good thing..........I usually toss them back in the water for the fish to eat........Could be millions of mosquitoes the way I look at it!

Let's have a fish fly fry!!! Say that real fast 10 times, lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts