Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Craving some fresh fish on the grill tonight as a reward for all the hard work I am going to put into my upstairs after work (this is what I'm telling myself as motivation)

Anybody have suggestions on:

type of fresh fish
where to find it
how to prepare it without marinating all night

Thanks

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Hmm, since I'm not from over there can't tell you where.

I like Halibut, place it on tin foil, smother it in Italian dressing. Seal up the tin foil package and cook it on the grill.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
salmon, not a steak, use the side fillet.
put full slice of orange, lemon, and onion on it wrap it in foil.
with salt/pepper dash of each.
wrap in aluminu foil, cook for aprox 12 minutes on med heat. check make sure is fluffy/flakey, pull off grill
let cool, open a bottle of wine. melt some butter if want for dipping. and enjoy.
cajun catfish also is very very good on the grill !
kroger has that already to go usually.

big side of white fish wrap in tin foil with a little butter, lemon, and can even sprinkle lite taragon on it, with pepper,salt to taste

·
Registered
625 Posts
Mahi Mahi, marinated for just a bit in franks red hot, and teriaki and a little lemon juice. Med-High flame on the bbq, and brush more marinade on it every 2 minutes. I like spicy hot stuff, and the franks gives it a little kick. It's pretty good that way. I'm sure there are alot better marinade combo's than that, but I'm not a picky eater

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
May I suggest tuna or swordfish. Wash it, pat dry and season with southwest seasonings. BBQ to your likeness and serve pico de gilo over it.

southwest seasonings:
2 T. chili powder, 2 T. paprika, 1 T. ground coriander, 1 T. garlic powder (not salt), 1 T. salt, 2 t. ground cumin, 1 t. cayenne pepper, 1 t. crushed red pepper, 1 t. black pepper and 1 t. dried leaf oregano

or buy pre-mixed from store

Pico:
Chopped roma tomatoes, sweet onions with basil or cilantro (only one), lime juice and olive oil mixed.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Ask at the place you plan on buying the fish. I used to go to Holiday Market in Royal Oak, and they always made great suggestions!!!

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Jul 21 2003, 03:57 PM)I am so there!

Thanks everybody!

andrea's fish market, harper and crocker across from stahl's

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
My fav is salmon. Get the fillet like Eddie said, coat both sides with mayo (miracle whip will do) and cook skin side down over an open flame. I use real wood for the smoke flavor. I poke it with my finger to see if it's done--when it get's firm, it's done! Be careful not to over cook!

If you really want to splurge, get a small lobster
(or lobatsa as we say back home!) get a big pot, fill with water, and get it boiling real good. Take the lobsta and put in water head first -- that;'s the most humane way to do it. 6 to 8 minutes per pound, and it's done. Melt some butter and eat. YUMMY!!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Don't forget to get more Krispy Kreme's for after your dinner

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
do you want to know that in addition to the free donut, I polished off my half of them????

ooohhh... soo very good yet so very bad!

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(damn yankee @ Jul 21 2003, 04:04 PM)My fav is salmon. Get the fillet like Eddie said, coat both sides with mayo (miracle whip will do) and cook skin side down over an open flame. I use real wood for the smoke flavor. I poke it with my finger to see if it's done--when it get's firm, it's done! Be careful not to over cook!

If you really want to splurge, get a small lobster
(or lobatsa as we say back home!) get a big pot, fill with water, and get it boiling real good. Take the lobsta and put in water head first -- that;'s the most humane way to do it. 6 to 8 minutes per pound, and it's done. Melt some butter and eat. YUMMY!!
yeah pauligan coat it in mayo !!!

damn yankee, she can't even look at mayo, she won't eat it at all.
it churns her stomach, lol......
not like you knew...she is no fan of it at all

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Jul 21 2003, 04:07 PM)do you want to know that in addition to the free donut, I polished off my half of them????

WOW!
Good Times!

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(manana @ Jul 21 2003, 04:13 PM)QUOTE(pauligan @ Jul 21 2003, 04:07 PM) do you want to know that in addition to the free donut, I polished off my half of them????

WOW!
Good Times!
dude, mamnana man ! we need to get you out more brother !!!
that is considered "good times" lol

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Sorry Pauline...

You can -- and this might sound bad, use your favorite BBQ sauce instead. The salomon and BBQ kinda, but not quite mellow each other out. Again, Yummy.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts