Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if I'm the only one. But when I have fish in a bucket or on the ice and they start flapin around when fish come in on my hole. I think they can sense when other fish are around even though there out of the water. Its a cool thing I've noticed this year. Any time they start flappin I get ready.

·
Registered
692 Posts
QUOTE(givemethe @ Feb 18 2010, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>never noticed it myself. ive heard old timers say that fish flopping on the ice scares the fish actually. so they always immediately throw them in a bucket instead of leaving them on the ice

I never noticed any correlation between the activity of fish in the bucket, and those still in the water. Just wish more were in the [email protected]%$#&

·
Registered
68 Posts
QUOTE(MrNiceGuy @ Feb 18 2010, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you think I'm crazy next time your site fishing just pay attention to your catch when a fish or school comes in.

Too many brewskies in the shanty? Just kidding! Well, I am going to have to pay attention next time I go out. Maybe you have something there! The way my fishing has been with the lower Bar pressure it might be a while until I get one in the bucket!

Bob

·
Registered
430 Posts
QUOTE(fishermatt1 @ Feb 18 2010, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>me n the buddys i fish with think when on ur cell phone we have the best luck ....not to be a bs'er but i think the waves from the fone turn fish on i caught 80% of my fish threw the ice when im on the fone

wow now that i think about it seems like everytime im on the phone in the shantey fish always come in. and it happens just about everytime i go out fishing. next time i go out, when there are no fish down the hole im goona call someone and see what happens lol

·
LSCN Sponsor since March 2010
2,212 Posts
QUOTE(fishermatt1 @ Feb 18 2010, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>me n the buddys i fish with think when on ur cell phone we have the best luck ....not to be a bs'er but i think the waves from the fone turn fish on i caught 80% of my fish threw the ice when im on the fone

last spring I was bass fishing down by 9mi tower with a jerk bait wasn't having much luck then my phone rang. I stopped to answer it then one hit so I had to say hold on fish on released the fish finished my conversation. 15 minutes later phone rang again, same thing bass hit. this happened 3 times within an hour and my brain started wondering what the heck is going on this is weird. But then common sense kicked in and I realized it was the long pause during the retrieve that was triggering the strikes so guess how the rest of my day went

·
Registered
113 Posts
It's not just you. On tuesday when I was fishing the fish in my bucket started flopping around when more came to the hole. I even thought of bringing a thumping stick next time so that they wouldn't scare the fishn in the hole. Thats a good observation man, im glad i wasn't the only one who noticed.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Funny, same thing happened to me Wednesday. Had to conduct a little business, and during two calls, BIG perch came in... one to the point I said "I'll have to call you back". They left soon as I hung up.

QUOTE(the curl @ Feb 18 2010, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>wow now that i think about it seems like everytime im on the phone in the shantey fish always come in. and it happens just about everytime i go out fishing. next time i go out, when there are no fish down the hole im goona call someone and see what happens lol
Will try it again tomorrow.

·
Registered
299 Posts
QUOTE(MrNiceGuy @ Feb 19 2010, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Glad to hear I'm not the only one to notice.

I find that every time I will lite smoke and pour a cup of coffee that this when the fish always come in. Then I find my self droping and spilling my coffee or burning something trying to grab my lines

·
Registered
442 Posts
QUOTE(the curl @ Feb 18 2010, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(fishermatt1 @ Feb 18 2010, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>me n the buddys i fish with think when on ur cell phone we have the best luck ....not to be a bs'er but i think the waves from the fone turn fish on i caught 80% of my fish threw the ice when im on the fone

wow now that i think about it seems like everytime im on the phone in the shantey fish always come in. and it happens just about everytime i go out fishing. next time i go out, when there are no fish down the hole im goona call someone and see what happens lol

yah it happens to me to, when Im on the phone, taken a pee or eatin is always when I get a bite, or that is what my buddy in the shanty tells me. LOL.

·
Registered
76 Posts
QUOTE(motoman666 @ Feb 19 2010, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(MrNiceGuy @ Feb 19 2010, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Glad to hear I'm not the only one to notice.

I find that every time I will lite smoke and pour a cup of coffee that this when the fish always come in. Then I find my self droping and spilling my coffee or burning something trying to grab my lines

most agreed ed statement here for me, pour the coffee= loose a minnow, and here they come. two lines tangle = jumbo . robbed minnow = school in the hole, cell phone ring = missed hook set. take a leak = minnows both gone. rap every thing up to leave = fish in the hole. hook stuck in pant leg = jumbos etc.. LOL ice fishing stories = priceless !

·
Registered
692 Posts
YellowNitro: "most agreed ed statement here for me, pour the coffee= loose a minnow, and here they come. two lines tangle = jumbo . robbed minnow = school in the hole, cell phone ring = missed hook set. take a leak = minnows both gone. rap every thing up to leave = fish in the hole. hook stuck in pant leg = jumbos etc.. LOL ice fishing stories = priceless !"

Ain't that the truth!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts