Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to purchase a new fishfinder. I have narrowed it down to the Eagle 320 or 480(only difference is more pixels and FasTrack on the 480), and the Humminbird 565. The Eagles have a couple more options than the Humminbird, while the Humminbird has 500 more watts. There are some minor pros and cons to the Eagle & Humminbird. The main features I am looking for are covered. With the speed option, BassPro wants $210 for the Eagle 320, $250 for the 480 ($240 at Cabelas), and $220 for the Humminbird. If anybody has used these models, your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Also, I thought about the Bottomline 320 or 480. But I cannot seem to find much info on the options it has, such as the ability to expose fish targets in hidden structure, memory settings, accuracy at higher speeds. I know it has 3200 watts, and runs about $30 cheaper. Any info on that is appreciated as well. I am looking for a list of features to compare with the other models. I am going back to BassPro tonight to make my decision. Thanks folks

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
For $30 go with the higher wattage and more pixels.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Go with the Eagle 480......Eagle is a division of Lowrance and nobody builds a better unit or has better Customer Service than Lowrance!

(and get it from BPS,.....it'll cost $20 in gas just to go down to Cabela's to try and "save" $20!)
LOL....Besides,..if you have any problems in the 1st year (and i really DOUBT you will,..but you can return it to BPS for an exchange!!)

Go with the Eagle at BPS,...IMO!!

Mac

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would personaly go with the eagle 480. it has a 200 kHz transducer with means it sends our shorter sonar pulses at a faster period of time. This will let you mark bottom and fish going over 50 mph.
that is something i dont belive bottomline or humingbird can offer.

A good spot to get which ever one you want is Pro Fishing and Archery center on jefferson. They gurantee best price on electronics.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks for the tips guys. I ended up going with the Eagle 480. Tough choice. The Bottomline did not list enough features, although I did like the amount of power it had. I liked the menu and clarity of the Eagles better as well. Although Bottomline had the same pixels, the Eagle is much sharper. The Humminbird had 640 x 320 pix, but the Eagle was sharper than that as well. I chose the 480 because it was a little clearer and sharper than the 320, and the buttons light up on the 480. I need that at night. Hate not being able to read the buttons. BTW, the Humminbird and Bottomline (as well as many others) have 200kHz transducers. Actually, all of the models I looked at had 200kHz, except a few advanced units that had 50/200kHz. Thanks again guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts