Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who else waits all year for them damn things to come and cover your whole boat and sh*t and die and stain it? I love goin out or comin in at dusk in em. The damn things have even showed up like rain on the radar!!
Its always cool to be listen to em flying, the soft hiss that the billions of em create. How long they gonna last. Even though I've dealt with em for years I don't really know how long they last when they do arrive? And don't they come like couple times a year? The best part is people steppin in em on the deck and their greasy bodies smearin in and staining the non skid. Had to rub out both damn walkways last year after a bad night out.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
and boy are they HEALTHY this year!

I took a few good hits to the face coming back from the Sandbar last night.
<_<

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
One good thing about it is the fishfly festival. Who is going and when?

G

·
Nothing like the sound of fishflies popping underfoot to let you know summer's here.

Squished ones in the nonskid is the worst. We did a late night at Garwoods and docked under a light. Coming out to the boat the next day was so bad I took it to a car wash to rinse out the cockpit.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
A few got in my car at Metro Saturday.

Had one in the house a couple days ago. Probably rode in on my wife.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(Kat @ Jun 9 2004, 11:53 AM)One good thing about it is the fishfly festival. Who is going and when?
STEVE's BAR for Thursday's Fireworks!

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Is fish flys a lake st clair thing only? Heading up to Port Huron this weekend...do I need to deal with them up there also?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(rerun @ Jun 9 2004, 12:24 PM)Is fish flys a lake st clair thing only? Heading up to Port Huron this weekend...do I need to deal with them up there also?
I'm sure you will.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Jun 9 2004, 12:44 PM)and boy are they HEALTHY this year!

I took a few good hits to the face coming back from the Sandbar last night.

Oh, good. They haven't been so HEALTHY at our house yet..atleast that I've noticed. Just those little nat thingys that drive me bonkers!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
We had ABC Wasps & Spiders spray our house and yard, but I don't think that will deter fish flies.

I still need to get a bug zapper. Those things provide HOURS of entertainment.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(pirlgirl @ Jun 9 2004, 12:52 PM)Anybody know where to find an illistrated chart on the life of a fishfly?
Also known as MayFly's : CLICK HERE

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i got a pint of chocolate ready!
crunchy good treats!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
yuck, nasty... will not go outside when they are present... took me about 5 minutes to get out my front door this morning.. there were like 10 of them hanging out on the storm door

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
They were terrible at Bel Mar this weekend. A friend of mine walked to the bathroom and by the time he got there, he was covered from head to toe!

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
QUOTE(rerun @ Jun 9 2004, 12:24 PM)Is fish flys a lake st clair thing only? Heading up to Port Huron this weekend...do I need to deal with them up there also?
Nope, but this particular subspecies is especially large. I do know that Lake Winnibago, a lake similar in size to LSC in Northeastern Wisconsin has another, different, but no less toublesome subspecies that are called "lakeflies". Even though they are smaller, they swarm in huge numbers for the 1st few weeks after Memorial Day.

·
Registered
226 Posts
UUUGGHH! I fell asleep Saturday evening after a fine day
in Muscamoot bay- cabin door open & all the lights on. Needless to say it wasn't a pretty way to wake up- they were everywhere! Seemed to take forever to get them out of the cabin, only to find the outside covered in the morning.

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(rerun @ Jun 9 2004, 12:24 PM)Heading up to Port Huron this weekend...do I need to deal with them up there also?
No rerun. Almost NO bugs on lake huron. It'll be great.

Too funny 8myl.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts