Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We hit the water about 10 this morning and fished around the salt river. It was surprisingly windy! After about an hour my wife actually decided to move beyond dragging crawlers around! She started throwing rattlin raps
. Finally!!! Next step teach her to use a baitcaster.

Amazingly she actually got a follow from a small musky. 20 incher or so.

After a while we headed over to l'vue where I had a 3 - 3 1/2lb smallie grab my go to bait. As I was pulling it into position for her to net it she said "OOOO look dinner!" then the fish threw the rattlin rap and it ended up in the back of her hand.
. Pay back I guess!

I took some convincing but she finally let me push it through & cut it. Surprisingly she threw a band aid on it & kept on fishing!

Overall I went 2 for 6 on the bass (boat control was a real pain in the a$$). 2 landed 4 threw the hook at boatside. The wife went 0'fer on the bass with 1 'skie follow. From her comments it looks like I maybe able to convert her to a muskie fisherwoman!!!!
She got all excited about the follow.

I told her about the 40+ that I lost at the boat last week and her comment was "well why aren't we over there then?"

Tommorow I get to take my niece out, who I've nick named musky bait for the time being! Looks like the wife is gonna come along too. Somehow I can see musky fishin becoming a family affair if things go well tomorrow!

Oh the first largie I caught had a 5" lamprey on it. Which I of course removed and killed. Probably should have hooked it up and used it as bait!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
lol, great story, thats to bad about the hook set in her hand. shoulda told her, thats how you wanna set the hook, just next time hook it to the fish LOL, thats great though, your gonna fall in love all over again!!!

hope she gets one soon

·
Registered
731 Posts
I told her about the 40+ that I lost at the boat last week and her comment was "well why aren't we over there then?"

[/quote]

It's a good question: Why weren't you over there? Thanks for the story!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Today wasn't to great we each caught 1 fish and had lunch over at the raft! by the time we left the wind had whipped up the waves, 2-3 footers over at marsac.

I got a largemouth, the wife got one and my niece "musky bait" got a 10" perch.

Up at fairhaven I got 3...THREEE ([email protected] IT!!!) follows! 1 was really good size but all I saw of it was a huge open mouth that missed my spinner bait!!!

On another note my wife has joined "the team" see my other post

We almost went back out tonight but we have plans tomorrow so that got put off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts