Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, went for a little while Saturday afternoon. Fished between buoys 25 & 29. Not a very productive day. Buddy caught a 17.5" eye by bouy 27 in about 16fow. We mostly caught baitfish. It was getting late and on our last pass between buoys 27 & 29, (as my fiance was dogging me for not catching anything) I nailed a hog in the middle of the shipping channel in 35fow. Never saw him. Got him close & on his third run he broke the knot loose on the crawler harness. Oh well. As we came out of the channel along the drop my fiance picked up a 16" eye. Then in about 17fow my buddy picked up a sheephead about 8+lbs. Biggest sheephead I've seen all year. I wanted to make another pass, but the girls were getting cold as the sun was gone. We caught a lot of smaller baitfish as well. I think my buddy set a record for smallest fish. He snagged one not much bigger than a minnow in the gut. Better luck next time. All fish were caught on crawler harnesses while drifting. Colors were red/white & yellow/green/orange. The red/white seemed to do better. Cooler temps this week. This fish should be getting hungry. Good luck to all.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts