Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was a perfect day to be out fishing on the lake today. Went out with my grandson behind Selfridge field this morning. We tried out where the packs of boats were. Had minnows and worms and got no fish. Did not see any of the other giuys in the boats get any either. By packs, I mean 5-6 boats close togethjer. They were bunched up a little in a few different spots out there. Tried away from the packs of boats and still nothing. I only saw one fish caught today and that was in te canal by Angler's Point bait shop. A guy caught a big large mouth there at about 7:00 A.M. and that was my thrill of the day. Was sure a beautiful day to be out there.

Should have went with my first plans (which I had last night and changed my mind this morning) and that was to go to the Decker's launch site and hit the North Channel. I'll do that in a few days.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Went out with my nephew for some perch 10/2, anchored in front of the GPYC, half way to the shipping channel, 18 ft of water. We only picked up a half a dozen keepers and a bunch up dinks so headed out to the dumping grounds. The bite picked up with larger fish and several jumbo perch. Picked up a few good sized smallies as a bonus. We uses perch rigs, definitely caught more on the minnows than crawlers but a few of the jumbos were on worms - we didn't kill them but brought home 28 nice perch for an eight hour effort with some good memories as icing on the cake.

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
Went out with my nephew for some perch 10/2, anchored in front of the GPYC, half way to the shipping channel, 18 ft of water. We only picked up a half a dozen keepers and a bunch up dinks so headed out to the dumping grounds. The bite picked up with larger fish and several jumbo perch. Picked up a few good sized smallies as a bonus. We uses perch rigs, definitely caught more on the minnows than crawlers but a few of the jumbos were on worms - we didn't kill them but brought home 28 nice perch for an eight hour effort with some good memories as icing on the cake.
Sounds like a good day of fishing. I have seen and caught some truly JUMBO Perch in the last few months, problem is it one or two per outing.
But the Jumbos seem to be making a come back., and tons of small Perch to grow up as well.
(y):cool:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WTG Gilligan. I wish I would have headed out that way, but just too lazy to make the boat ride. It really would not be too bad on a nice day, and we are surely running out of them very soon I think! LOL

·
Registered
5 Posts
I get what you mean about being lazy Iggy, I've spent a lot of time on the boat this summer and rarely wet a line, even with the rods hanging from the ceiling! I've got a few weekends before I take the boat up to Port Huron for the winter and would love to put a few bags of perch in the freezer. I'll be in the water for a few weeks in PH before the boat gets hauled for the winter and would love to do some fishing up that way but can't seem to find any reports or info on what they fish for? There is always a good group of boats North of the bridge and I assume they are targeting walleye but not sure, figure I'll stop into a bait shop to see what's up. I'd like to say I'm looking forward to ice fishing but these old bones don't like the cold much any more. Spring is right around the corner😁

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I gave up ice fishing several years ago with two fake knees and a fake hip too, and the other hip and one shoulder is ready to get replaced now. I used to ice fish a minimum of twice a week for years but now, I don't care if I ever get on the ice again. Waiting for the soft water in April.;) But you never know, if it is a nice warm day in Jan / Feb., you may just see an ice report from me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was a perfect day to be out fishing on the lake today. Went out with my grandson behind Selfridge field this morning. We tried out where the packs of boats were. Had minnows and worms and got no fish. Did not see any of the other giuys in the boats get any either. By packs, I mean 5-6 boats close togethjer. They were bunched up a little in a few different spots out there. Tried away from the packs of boats and still nothing. I only saw one fish caught today and that was in te canal by Angler's Point bait shop. A guy caught a big large mouth there at about 7:00 A.M. and that was my thrill of the day. Was sure a beautiful day to be out there.

Should have went with my first plans (which I had last night and changed my mind this morning) and that was to go to the Decker's launch site and hit the North Channel. I'll do that in a few days.
Can't you share images.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts