Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched out of Harley Ensign Sunday at 11:30am. Fished in front of the rocks using spinnerbaits and an assortment of crankbaits for about an hour and caught nothing. The water was very muddy from the rain and wind. Decided next to move down to the Metro canals to try our luck. Water seemed even muddier down there but again tried spinners, buzz baits, and a couple of crankbaits. After almost 2 hours wasted in there my buddy and I still had yet to have caught a fish. Thought for sure I was about to take my first skunking this year but we decided to move back out in front of the Harley Ensign for one last drift before heading in. Told my partner let's get out on the edge of the mudline and give it a shot. Less than 10 casts later with a J13 rapala I hooked into a 38 1/2 inch musky that must have weighed just over 15 pounds. What an incredible fight on 8lb. test with a All Star 7' lite action rod with no steel leader!! Took almost 20 minutes to wear it out enough to get the treble hook out of it's mouth. Had one other boat fishing by us in 9 feet of water that claimed he was doing pretty good on the perch out there.

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
I thought about going out on Sunday. But then I stayed up to late with the fellas playing poker the night before and that was that.

I have not winterized my boat yet, still holding out for one more day on the water.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far the weather looks good for me to get out one more time this weekend and then I am putting the boat up. Harley Ensign only had two ramps left in the water. Any one know when they pull all the ramps out?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Nice job Tremble! I new I should have fished that mud line harder. I was there too around 10 or 10:30. I wasn't fishing too hard though. I was just killing time waiting for Mini. But like Alex, he was out partying like a rock star and called me at 11:00 and said "Man, I ain't coming"

My son and I ran all over Anchor Bay and water was a mess EVERY WHERE. By noon the wind was blowing really good again so we bailed out.

I'm not giving up yet though. I'll take it one weekend at a time. As long as the water isn't hard I'll keep going. Cold doesn't bother me and I love the lake when there's only 5 boats on it and they are all duck hunting

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks East Coast! It was one of the few times that one fish in a day was enough to keep everyone in the boat happy. We are going back out for sure this Saturday. They are calling for 58 degrees with the high winds of 3 mph for the day. We are planning this time to hit the water by 7am so we can cover a lot more water. We were planning on hitting Anchor Bay last week but after ripping the Blazer to shreds I realized I didn't bring the GPS so didn't want to play in the fog without it. Can't believe you could get your son out this late in the year. I offered to take mine and he looked at me as if I asked him to try on a pink leotard or something!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
My son actually motivated me to go. He's 9 years old and has been BEGGING me to go. Now I got the bug again and will keep going. 58 degrees and no wind......YEAH BABY!!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your a lucky man, my boy just doesn't have the fishing bug as bad as his old man. My four year old daughter apparently received those genes but I just can't keep her out on the water this late in the year. I know exactly what you are saying about getting the bug again, seeing how up till last weekend I haven't had the boat out since September. I spent the whole month of October and the beginning of November bow hunting without giving fishing a thought and now I can't wait to get back out this weekend. Well good luck and tight lines and I'm sure I'll see you out there (since you are going to be about one of two boats out there left fishing). I run in a 17' white and green Monarch and spend a large part of my time either out in front of the Harley Ensign or in Anchor bay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts