Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out this morning with my grandson.Tried in the Doty cut first,and again, nothing at all in there. Tried drifting and trolling in Fishers Bay and caught some perch in there both trolling and drifting. Only two keepers out of about a dozen,and two smallies, one under sized and one about 16". Went into the cut that we have been doing real good on perch the past three times out. Got a bunch of dinks and no keepers and two more under sized smallies.

Went into the area between the Clinton River and Metro, behind the sheriff's station. Lots of small perch in thje area. My grandson caught his first fish today on his brand new rod and reel. It was a 20-1/2" smallie. He was real happy that he broke his new rod in the right way!!! Small perch in that area too. All in all, it was a real nice day to be on the lake with my grandson on the holiday weekend. Some nice quality time spent with my grandson.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Sounds like a good day with the grandson. Good report !
I did the Doty thing last Monday I got zero in there, the DNR was hiding in cut of Doty trying to catch boats not obeying no wake law.
I did get a personal best Perch on a Chatterbait by Grassy, she was almost 16" , and she is still swimming I let her go.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if the DNR would be in the Doty cut to enforce boating laws on the lake. That would be the sheriff's patrol and not the DNR I would assume. The DNR is on the lake and in cuts to enforce game and fishing laws and regulations and not boat or waterway laws. I say this becuase my brother was checked by the DNR years back for his license. He showed it, but gave some lip to the DNR officer. (BIG mistake). Minutes later, a sheriff's boat came up to my brother's boat and gave him a ticket for missing a number on his MC numbers decal. I think it was the DNR officer that called the sheriff and made a report about the number being missing. Don't know for sure, but that's the way it looked to us.

That is a heck of a perch that you caught by grassy. It was nice to let her go, but I think I would have had her mounted myself. That thing was huge!!! The biggest perch we ever got on LCS was a 16-1/4" perch in the year 1975 by my son who was 10 years old at the time. Did not get that one mounted because we just bought a new house that same year and had no money left over to pay for a mount. Even had to dig up our own worms to go fishing at the time. LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts