Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody I'm starting to get my feet frozen with Ice Fishing. I can only get out so often when it's light out. Quick question is there good fishing after dark? I get out of work in Detroit at 430 don't get home til 5 and it leaves no light, but I dont mind the dark if I can still get a decent bite. thanks for any help

·
Registered
962 Posts
QUOTE(Musky Mitch @ Jan 5 2010, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey everybody I'm starting to get my feet frozen with Ice Fishing. I can only get out so often when it's light out. Quick question is there good fishing after dark? I get out of work in Detroit at 430 don't get home til 5 and it leaves no light, but I dont mind the dark if I can still get a decent bite. thanks for any help

that depends where you are and what your going after. Crappie and eyes are night feeders but finding them both can be tough. I did try a spot where I know there are crappie and couldnt get a bite at night so I must have been doing it wrong lol.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have been out quite a few times at night and have never had any luck. I haven't tried for crappie as I don't really know of any place to go. I've tried moving a lot, different baits and rigs, and nothing seems to work. Guess even the fish are smart enough to sleep.

I was out last night at Brandenburg Park in chesterfield and sat for about 3 hours with not even a bite. Used some glow in the dark teardrops w/ minnows and waxes. Ice was about 5" and the water was nice and clear.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
i went out last night and didnt catch anything util it got dark, only 2 gills and they were small, then i dropped my light in the hole and i almost caught that to, but no luck with the light. LOL

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(Robert25 @ Jan 5 2010, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i agree with matt crappie and walleyes are both night feeders i have been catching a few walleyes after dark along with the crappies but i only catch them in shallow water after dark

do walleyes come in pretty shallow at night along with crappies? So targeting shallow water would be my best bet in the dark?

·
Registered
242 Posts
QUOTE(Musky Mitch @ Jan 5 2010, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey everybody I'm starting to get my feet frozen with Ice Fishing. I can only get out so often when it's light out. Quick question is there good fishing after dark? I get out of work in Detroit at 430 don't get home til 5 and it leaves no light, but I dont mind the dark if I can still get a decent bite. thanks for any help

I done it afew times thinking no fishermen no noise the fish would come in. but know no hits nofish in the hole I know no one catches fish at night when its 7pm and I am the only idiot on the lake!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.