Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Fished Friday at Genos with my buddy Jeff. We were out about 3/4 mile out from the flagpole. We kept 19 keepers. Jeff caught all his on minnows which were the majority of the fish. I could'nt get them to hit my jiging rap with the red bead as I usualy do. They were hitting perch jigg tipped with spikes as the guy next to us was using. He walked off with about 20 nice keepers. Jeff had two breakoffs from the toothy critters as did the guy next to us. They never stay on the 4lb. test for very long.We were in about 9FOW.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Fish are beginning to really spread out. My buddy took a dozen nice fish in 7-8 fow, and I took 12 nice keepers in 3-4 fow. I am headed back out now for my first evening trip of the year. Will check back after dark.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I agree with Kurt. I havent been able to get out often, but it seems like the fish are everywhere, from 1 ft to 10. I think the biggest problem some people are having is they dont move enough. I think everyone would catch a lot more keeper fish if they became more mobile. Dont get me wrong, if you have a school of fish below you, stick around, but if you arent catching much, or they're all dinks, move to another spot. Ive done a lot better by bouncing around to different areas and picking up a few keepers and moving on. I kinda laugh to myself when i walk by the same shanties in the same spots when i go out and come back in. Unless they are sitting on a school of jumbos, they should probably try moving, lol. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts