Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What color fishing line do you prefer for fishing on baitcasters? I will be fishing spinnerbaits and an occasional heavy tube jig. Right now i have green line and clear/flouresent blue which would you use. Thank you

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Green.....

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
8lb. Smoke FireLine under 3/4 oz. ones

10lb. Smoke FireLine (heavier lure's) 3/4 oz. ones

But with what you have Green because it blends in with the green weeds in the back ground.

h2o<--says but of course right. (FireLine)

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
You must know Miss Cleo lol.. Yes it's a good time to hit the rivers and channels on this week end when the winds pick up.

h2o<---is the O2man. lol now catch

·
Registered
440 Posts
Spinnerbait-20 or 25 lb. green Trilene Big Game--if the fish are aggressive, biting spinnerbaits, and don't see that big wire, then they aren't going to pay any attention to line size. Plus, when a five pound smallie hits a fast moving spinnerbait, you better have stout line or it is likely to snap.

Heavy tube-rarely throw anything heavier than 1/4 oz. (talk to Mini for heavy tube jigs
) but almost always use 10 lb. clear line when throwing tubes. I want to see any little movement, and I can't see green line very well, but don't want to use a gaudy line either.

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
QUOTE(h2o @ Jul 22 2004, 06:52 PM)8lb. Smoke FireLine under 3/4 oz. ones

10lb. Smoke FireLine (heavier lure's) 3/4 oz. ones

But with what you have Green because it blends in with the green weeds in the back ground.

h2o<--says but of course right. (FireLine)
H2O,
This might sound sacreligious to you....but try some Power Pro.....much improved over the Fireline!!!

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
You know Ken i was lookin at it and the price was the most i've seen so that tells me it must be good i will try it. I hear it's real tough on the line guide's. Tears them up is that true.

h2o<--says catch

1 - 9 of 9 Posts