Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been watching the site for awhile and kinda like what i have been seeing. I do have a couple of questions though. Going out this saturday and thinking of hitting the raft, the reports i have seen been pretty mixed. I've read nothing but dinks to a guy pulling eyes through clear water. Is the water clear yet or not? any help would be appreciated.

I also want to know if there any advice on having to relieve yourself when your out on the ice. Is there appropriate etiqutte or do you just hang it out and let it fly? I seriously would like to know what others do or think. That long walk to the jon aint fun but i don't want to offend anyone either. Any advice on what others do would be helpful.

Also fyi went out last saturday to the marsh at metro in about 8 fow and nothing but the wind.

Thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
QUOTE(Flatlandfishing @ Jan 4 2010, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I just pee in a bottle and then throw it in the trash can later.
OR...pee in your friends spot when he is not looking...j/k

No peeing in you buds hole warm water discharge may attract the fish LOL
do it in your tip up hole and report findings LMAO

On a more seroious note a 2 liter works nicely

·
Registered
214 Posts
my buddy & i often discuss the easiest way to discharge urine while out on the ice. i found that an empty "vitiman water/gatorade bottle" of sorts is just wide enough. and it being cold no way is the turtle comin' out of his shell entirely, becareful

·
Registered
214 Posts
Well being an experienced ice angler and adhering to all etiquette while fishing, I like to pee in my empty beer bottles. Only problem is remembering which one you peed in and which one you're drinking out of. I used to go by smell but being that I have sinus problems, I found that my olfactory senses are not as accurate as I wished. That being said I like the cross your legs until you cramp up then run like heck to the truck and try to find a jug but it's not there so bang on someone's door until they open and jump up and down wide eyed pointing at your crotch making weird noises routine.

Works for me......

·
Registered
962 Posts
[quote name='Cleetus94' date='Jan 4 2010, 08:16 PM' post='959042']
Well being an experienced ice angler and adhering to all etiquette while fishing, I like to pee in my empty beer bottles. Only problem is remembering which one you peed in and which one you're drinking out of. I used to go by smell but being that I have sinus problems, I found that my olfactory senses are not as accurate as I wished. That being said I like the cross your legs until you cramp up then run like heck to the truck and try to find a jug but it's not there so bang on someone's door until they open and jump up and down wide eyed pointing at your crotch making weird noises routine.

Works for me......
[/quot

wow now I gotta pee after reading that lol

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
If I have to go I generally just get up behind my shanty and do it there. I'm usually far enough out that no one would even be able to tell I was doing my business. From shore it would look like I was just kneeling next to my shanty. The key is not to expose yourself to anyone. If I have a bottle I'll do it in the shanty but I usually don't have one with me. Just don't let people see you. Most of them are too busy with their own lives to even care what you're doing.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Funny how everyone is responding to his bathroom question but not to his water clarity question. Just to mix it up a bit I was at the raft today in about 5-6 fow and the water was pretty clear. I could almost see my jig at the bottom along with a few fish trying to hit it.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
QUOTE(ice fishing newb @ Jan 4 2010, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Funny how everyone is responding to his bathroom question but not to his water clarity question. Just to mix it up a bit I was at the raft today in about 5-6 fow and the water was pretty clear. I could almost see my jig at the bottom along with a few fish trying to hit it.

well i cant answer his clarity question because i havent been out on the ice on lsc yet

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(ice fishing newb @ Jan 4 2010, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Funny how everyone is responding to his bathroom question but not to his water clarity question. Just to mix it up a bit I was at the raft today in about 5-6 fow and the water was pretty clear. I could almost see my jig at the bottom along with a few fish trying to hit it.

Thanks for the help. Thanks for the laughs from everyone else. I seriously always wondered if their was special etiquette for peeing. I usually have more than myself in the shanty and pissing outside not in the direction of a fellow fisherman is not always an option.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
As far as that bathroom thing goes, I use a bucket(indoor plumbing) but for you guys just do whatever you need to do.
As long as you're not being extremely obvious most people won't even notice, or care.
Sooner or later everybody has to go, and really the last thing on my mind when I'm fishing is somebody else's toilet habits.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I use a liquid laundry detergent bottle. They have a large hole in the top with a pouring spout that prevents spilling due to turtleing. Also they have a nice handle that helps keep things off your hands.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
reason number one why it's cool to be a man;
the world is our toilet

1 - 20 of 25 Posts