Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
O.K. everyone need some advise...(lol)

(1)The tackelboxes have been gone thru cleaned,filled and re-organized (about 5 times). (2) reels cleaned and the rods guides checked.(even cleaned the cork handles)(3)Canged-out hooks on crankbaits,and re-stocked hooks ,weights and terminal tackel.(4) Re-checked all spinner baits.(5) thanks to John, the penguin has been smacked...(imao)
Asside from filling the "tub" to tune crankbaits what`s a person to due untill "ICE-OFF" ?

yea ice fishing helps,but it is very hard to make the "long cast"...................HELP>>>>>>>imao........

any suggestions ( no hunny do lists)will help, thanks Rick

·
Registered
70 Posts
Rick,
one good way to look at it is that if you get you hunny do list done now,you can fish all summer long!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Break out the maps and plot coord's to potentialy new fishing holes.

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Or better yet, get started on my gear.
I've had no motivation to touch my stuff yet. I still have tubes tied on from last year...think there still good?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[/QUOTE Break out the maps and plot coord's to potentialy new fishing holes]

Thanks alex,I think my Blue Chart software is starting to smoke too..........

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the wisdom,but I have to reply that I`ve resorted to "finishing"the basement.Time for the drywall to fly......
Should only take me a week or so,then I will grab some new fishing lic.`s for this years season.
It`ll be a hibernating den for next year.... thanks Man-man....lol

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
I suggest you join the American Bass Anglers tournament trail. You could be fishing right now and have a chance to win one of 3 fully rigged TR21 Triton Bass boats.

American Bass Anglers is the largest tournament trail in the world offering over 720 tournaments a year designed for the weekend angler and collegiate anglers. American Bass Anglers provide low cost, close to home tournaments for the weekend angler with a huge national championship the same season. For more information on American Bass Anglers visit www.americanbassanglers.com or call the weekend angler hotline toll free at 888-203-6222

Here is a link to the schedules :

ABA schedule by the month

ABA schedule by location

On April 17th we have an Open in Ohio if you can wait that long.

Our first tournament in Michigan is on May 9th.

If you want you can try any tournament nationwide as a boater or Non-boater.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've gone through every type of bait presentation I have and have been able to elimiate some stuff that I either never use or know I'll never use. It gave me more room and I was able to consolidate stuff. Make a list of presentations/lures that you don't have confidence in, and make it a point to fish those a lot this year so you become confident in them.

·
Registered
927 Posts
i am all out of finger nails ( and toe nails )

i have been spending the last few weeks doing something i have not done nearly enough of. i have completely re-evaluated the way i fish. i want to know what i can do to be a better angler, on and off the water. i have come up with some ideas to try this season. i have mentally refished every tournament i fished last season in an attempt to realize my mistakes.

i will be fishing the same bodies of water this year. i do not want the same results. if i can not improve, than i am doing something wrong.

i hope to have my stuff together this year

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well the basement is finished !! I saved a coffe can, now it`s time to "tune up".Flippin & Pitchin, figured I have some time till ice-off. Now I can practice Skip Casting a jig w/out backlashing,and pitchin "that" cast under a dock with an inch or so clearance.Then when I get tired I`ll switch to the other hand.........(lol)
I`m thinkin about going to Kentucky Lake in May for the FLW tourn. Then I can take all the practice out on them beddin "kentucks". (jerk some head & tails together)
I think this winter has been the most dificult to endure !!
Mostly due to loosing my mother and mother-n-law to cancer last year. It really was not the same this holiday season so I passed the time putzin with the tackel.
THINKIN SPRING and a fresh season.....Rick Kovary

·
Registered
53 Posts
You can come to my house and pack CRUNCHERBAITS tubes & jigheads---AHHH the smell of tubes-- not as much fun as tying one on but ..... its an alternative LOL

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks 4 the invite Cruncher,I know what that is like.I fished with a friend who sold SLIDER tackel.WOW when the winter shows came around there was alot of preperation.Not so much with packing the products but putting everything on pegboard racks,and all the filler stock. I think we had the truck loaded to it max g.v.w. when we left to do a show.......lol.
The shows are fun meeting all the people,but there is alot of "behind the seens" preperation that goes into a GOOD booth and showcasing the product.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts