Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Thomas Edison reportedly got his inspiration for the light bulb while doing this in 1878.

A. Boating across Lake Michigan
B. Visiting the Grand Canyon
C. Hunting buffalo in Oklahoma
D. Fishing in Wyoming

2. The idea for steak knives derived from what?

A. Pike teeth
B. Muskie teeth
C. Sharks teeth
D. Walleye teeth

3. Of the following species, which is the only member of the temperate or true bass family.

A. Warmouth Bass
B. White Bass
C. Smallmouth Bass
D. Rock Bass

4. A jack is a salmon?

A. During spawning
B. Running to the sea
C. After a year at sea
D. After spawning

h2o<---says go for it. Don't be shy.

·
Registered
175 Posts
1. I'll take stab in the dark with this one...A

2. The idea for a steak knife was from C...sharks teeth...I'm guessin its because when sharks eat...they shake their heads side to side so their teeth can work and cut the meet into pieces. They're serated.

3. The smallmouth is the only one in the "bass" family...of course its just a big bluegill...but the others belong to different species. The white bass is part of the striper family...dont know about the others...

4. What Alex said...

Jose

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
1. E. while looking for his reel lube late the night before opening day (because if it was A, he'd have just invented a BIGGER boat; B - a motorcycle to jump it, C - can't be, buffalo were too scarce that year due to a poor year class to bother hunting for, D - Yeah right - do they even have bass in Wyoming??!?)

2. C. sharks are cool - just watch Air Jaws... if it's not C, then the 'real' answer is wrong!!! dangit!

3. It's actually B. White Bass, but I like garza's answer too

4. Alex, he said 'jack' NOT jake. Jake is a cowboy from Lonesome Dove. I don't know much about salmon (I actually believe 'BASS' stands for Bass Are Smarter than Salmon), but I'm guessing B (or maybe C - somewhere in between)

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fishing Quiz #6 Answers:

1. D

2. C

3. B

4. C

h2o<---says coming soon a quiz to make you laugh (easy one)

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
glad I could help madman

Cheer up - lots of good fishing soon!

h2o - I think you should make them way harder - like if a bass leaves a bed at 11am swimming 3mph E and another bass goes on a bed on the same lake at 1pm fanning the redd at 7mph, what will the title of Gordon Pyzer's next article actually be?

(The answer is Bed-fishers Should be Shot on Sight... or 13 - I'm not sure yet)

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dan that's so funny I'm still laughing, going to do a easy fun one than give a master course. lol

h2o<--- i hope these quiz's are enjoyable and O.K.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts