Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Now that Michigan & Ohio have made there changes does anyone know what Canada has done for the small mouth and walleye season

www.ohiodnr.com/wildlife/News/conservation_erie101603.htm

www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153--77531--,00.html

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
They told me that they were going to wait to see what Michigan does. They were also going to do some more trawling in Erie this year looking for immature walleye and base it on that. I don't think any bass changes were in the works.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The change of a closed season in May and part of June for smallmouth fishing in Ohio waters will hurt the tourism dollars in the Sandusky area. Many clubs would go to Sandusky in May and early June to get a start on their tournament season. It was a more viable choice then going to Indiana while awaiting for the opening of bass season here in Michigan.

Now that Ohio has changed their season for Lake Erie, I feel the Michigan DNR will be even more reluctant to change the regulations for St. Clair and Erie.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Michigan article has nothing about the Bass regulations. This only pertains to Walleye. Does anyone know the dates for St. Clair and Detroit River???????

·
Registered
243 Posts
Isn't it a little too late for the Michigan DNR to make changes to the fishing regulations?
I see that most of the tournament trails and clubs already have there dates set. It would be a cluster if they decided to change the fishing laws now!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nothing new yet in Ontario for walleye. 4 fish limit in March and April in Lake St. Clair and the Detroit River. Still allowed only 1 fish over 18'' in Lake St. Clair and 6 total after April. No changes for bass. Still 50 fish limit on Perch.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
The Bass season on the Michigan waters of the St. Clair River, Lake St. Clair and the Detroit River for 2004 runs from the 3rd Saturday in June until December 31. No change from last year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts