Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh this is painful....0/0...actually 0/1. We pulled up a line and the leader was sliced and the bait was gone. the line was still hung in the release though.

Summary: Thames was trashed, anything on the South shore from Belle to the Sturgeon hole was fishable in 12ft of h20 or less until dark. By dark the dumps had clear up enough to make a pass through.

Best parts: Got to meet Shagnasty. And it was cool when a duck flew down the canal in the dark and smacked the side of the boat.

BSNT

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Yea the fish were turned off for some reason yesterday. I only got 1 dink and 2 tripped releases on sliders. I thought it would pay off but running 3 rods and 2 sliders by myself got me nothing. I did manage to hit a day wrecker with one of my boards. It was the only one I saw all day and I noticed 3 seconds before it took my board out.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Thanks for the trip Ed, it was great to meet you. It was tough sledding out there for sure after that cold snap. Hope to do it again soon with better results. Best hit we had all night was the duck. Went out in the morning with Druppy drawers and Dink finder and got two small skis. One hit on a jointed 10" Nils, the bait was a 1/3 the size of the fish just looked funny to see such a small fish on such a large bait.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
QUOTE(Shagnasty @ Oct 2 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Copout @ Oct 2 2009, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(AlexG @ Oct 2 2009, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I thought it would pay off but running 3 rods and 2 sliders by myself got me nothing.

If you were alone why did you have 3 rods out? Is that allowed in Canada?

He was on the American side, Trolled near him all morning

Yes I was American side I did not want to run 20 miles to Canada by myself in an 18' boat. Even then its a long haul in my boat and it the weather turns bad I will have a difficult time getting back. At least is was not a day at work.

·
Registered
30 Posts
QUOTE(AlexG @ Oct 2 2009, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Shagnasty @ Oct 2 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Copout @ Oct 2 2009, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(AlexG @ Oct 2 2009, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I thought it would pay off but running 3 rods and 2 sliders by myself got me nothing.

Yes I was American side I did not want to run 20 miles to Canada by myself in an 18' boat. Even then its a long haul in my boat and it the weather turns bad I will have a difficult time getting back. At least is was not a day at work.

So you were alone trolling with 3 rods out on the American side (in Michigan waters) Isn't the rule 2 rods per person?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
QUOTE(Copout @ Oct 3 2009, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(AlexG @ Oct 2 2009, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Shagnasty @ Oct 2 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Copout @ Oct 2 2009, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(AlexG @ Oct 2 2009, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I thought it would pay off but running 3 rods and 2 sliders by myself got me nothing.

So you were alone trolling with 3 rods out on the American side (in Michigan waters) Isn't the rule 2 rods per person?

The rules changed this year in Michigan Waters you are allowed 3 rods per person now instead of 2. Canada is 2 rods per person.

·
Registered
269 Posts
QUOTE(Copout @ Oct 3 2009, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(AlexG @ Oct 2 2009, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Shagnasty @ Oct 2 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Copout @ Oct 2 2009, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(AlexG @ Oct 2 2009, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I thought it would pay off but running 3 rods and 2 sliders by myself got me nothing.

3 rods per angler in Michigan 2 in Canada.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts