Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I sure wish things would have changed since the last time i posted a report, but anyway here is the latest.

South River Rd. Clinton River mouth was producing a few small catches of perch 5-10 (some guys were getting more but only a select few) before the water muddied up from Saturday's rain.
Most fish from what i seen were caught on #2 or #3 firetiger jigging rapalas tipped with a red anise bead or wiggler. Some guys had limited success on Ken spoons tipped with spikes.
A lot of dinks are being caught upstream from the mouth with only a few keepers.

Campau Bay (the bay south of the DNR access at South River Rd.) guys here have reported seeing some very nice fish here but most have lock jaw.

Archer canal: being that this canal is connected to Metro guys are catching the same as what DNRJON has reported in the main boat basin, many dinks very few keepers.

Conger Bay, i have not seen many guys fishing here but i have received reports of minimal success. Guys have said that about 2 weeks ago the ice dropped and made this shallow bay even shallower.

Selfridge: fishing here has been terrible for most anglers. I have recorded many zeros in the catch column in the last two weeks. I have heard some guys say that they are seeing nice fish but most are unwilling to bite and i have heard others say that they have only seen a handful of fish the whole time they were out. Catch numbers here have been very low, if guys are lucky they will catch 5-10 fish most are not even getting that. The guys that are getting a few are going out to the crack between Selfridge and Cotton Rd..

Cotton Rd.: the report is just about the same here as it is for Selfridge, although many guys are not seeing fish the whole time they are out. Fishing should pick up around the Salt River once these warm temps hit us.

Brandenburg Park: catches are very low here as well. I have only see a few fish come from this area in the past couple of weeks due to the lack of angler activity.

In my opinion, with warmer temps on the way look for fishing to pick up (can it get any worse!!). Especially around river and canal outlets. The runoff from these areas should be a little warmer than outlying areas and this change may put these inactive perch on the feed and into spawn mode. Most of us know that first and last ice are the best (usually), so i think with just a little more patience things will pay off.

Be safe guys, ice conditions will change fast with the onset of warm weather especially the edges near shore. Use that spud in front of you if your walking.

Jeremy Maranowski
DNR Fisheries Assistant

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
As usual thanx for your report...and DNRJON's too!

I think I will have to take you guys fishing this summer for all the reprts you keep giving....

Mini

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Guys,

This above report is from March 10th, not the 8th as the heading says.

Not that it matters, fishing hasn't changed in the last two days but i thought i would point this out.

Good Luck, I'll see ya at the ramp!!

Jeremy Maranowski
DNR Fisheries Assistant

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.