Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did pretty good on the crappies yesterday. Only kept 10 biggest almost 14". Caught a bunch of small fish on a few of the really good docks.

Water temps 62 degrees in the canals in North Anchor Bay where we were fishing. Slip bobbers and Squirmin Squirt Tubes (2" yellow/white)

GORGEOUS day on the pond....

Mini

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hey Mini. . .count me on for next week. I love croppie (sp?). Never fished 'em on the big lake. Hopefully I'll have the boat back by Monday. See you Saturday, talk to you Saturday morning. By the way, next Saturday I want to do a whole show about fishing fish out of season and about courtesy on the water. You and Mac are welcome and anyone else you can think of, and if we can catch us a mess of croppie and maybe even perch we can have us a Saturday morning fish fry ! SSSSSSSUUUUUPPPP?! B.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob,

I will call in and give you a on the water update for all my GNT competitors and your listeners.

The following Saturday is the tournament and Opening Day inland for bass. I will be fishing and unavailable for your show. I would like to say I will call in, but I cant make any promises when I have my game face on.

Mini

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
I was out yesterday also. Couldn't catch anything but Bass up t o 5 lbs. Saw huge Muskie. See ya. Bob

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I was just talking to Mini and he said that everyone is welcome to follow him to his crappie hot spots. Just don't cast over his line.
....Mini, what rod do you recommend for them there slabs?

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All Star Classic SRXL 5'4" for the in tight stuff around docks, pilings and boat houses.

The All Star Classic SCR2-TN (6') or SCR3-TN (6'6") for more open water fishing (mid canal....)

DRP if you want to go sometime let me know....I know there are some good slabs in the river too.

BTW they were tasty

Mini

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for all the usefull information on this board. Can't figure out how I never found this place before now. I would assume that the Eyes should be in the bay by now, can't remember a year they were this late. I'm finally heading out this weekend to find them now that another unsucessful turkey season is over. If anyone has info on the lake, please pass it on.

Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts