Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 7:30A to 12:30P out of Selfridge. Out from Belle Maer in 8 fow, nothing. Then tried out from Salt River, matched pair of 20-21" walleye, one 2lb SM. Moved to Marsac, had follow from maybe 46-48" sweetie, ovalled and ovalled but she wasn't having any. Nothing else at Marsac so moved to "C" marker (southeast of Brandenburg launch), many boats, nothing going on. Motored back just out front from Selfridge in 6-7 fow and picked up another 2 lb smallie, then went in.

Walleye and first bass caught on large rattle trap and jointed rapala. Last bass caught on small trap.

Fish fly shucks still everywhere. Bite wasn't really on, but it was good to be out there. Amazing what those walleye will eat - 1 1/2 oz rattle trap!

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Mike if you want more of those Eye's go to the 3/4 ounce size in the traps. Good fishing. Bob

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip, Bob. Actually, I was trying for musky and just happened to get the walleyes. Never know what's gonna bite out there, though ...

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
How true

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thank you for a great report Mike. I was out at C-Marker on Saturday morning also. Got a few keeper perch and some rock bass but no eyes. Drifting crawler harnesses. How about the bugs though. I thought they were going to carry me away.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Fished with MRPaul Saturday. We fished near the firecracker and the breakwall (for Bass) fished The litehouses and finally Grassy. Pulled out the musky gear at grassy and on my 2nd cast I tore into an acobatic musky 30 seconds later I had lost my brunner runner and sampo. 4th time this year i have been sawed off. I am moving up to heavier braid!!! Beautiful day though, bass were lip locked (but then again it was probably us) Water was murky in some spots and in the channels.

Gregg

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, Gregg and everyone ... bugs were bad with the calm conditions, yup. Nice tie-up, Gregg. At least you got your dance card notched.

Marsac is north of Brandenburg launch and immediately up from New Baltimore in the bay, pretty much northwest of "C" Marker. You'll know it by the reed beds just out front of the mouth of the creek. Sorry, don't have points. Check your chart or Hot Spots map - can't miss it. On larger maps it's often called Marsac Point, I think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.