Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 7:20 to 1:10 at the mile roads with Mike Tuomey, Mike got a 30 inch Muskie his 3rd cast useing a rattle trap. Craddled it and released. It look very healthy. . We cast rattletraps, tube's, berkley power grubs, 1/8 oz jigs, and enjoyed some perch, rock bass, and a few smallies. All and all enjoyed the day, Mike sure knows how to fish. And keeps the most organized boat i've ever seen. Oh and i got a nice 16 inch walleye.. All fish were released. Did some drift dragin and it worked. Some area's had floating weeds, which always hinders fishing. Water temp. 69-71, fished 8-15 feet. DNR guy at the crocker and jefferson ramp next to professional fishing center said yesterday and today was slow by what people told him. Gearing up for better fishing as the water temp start's to drop. Trophy time is just around the corner..

h2o<------------enjoyed the day!!!!!!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I was out sat by the light and picked up 2eyes on bottom bouncers while trolling. Also caught about 15 perch too. Moved up by the perch fleet off of metro and didn't do squat. Moved down to 10 mile and managed a few perch and smb. Seen a couple of boats that were smaken the perch too. Won't be long now before they start stacken up! Can't wait!!!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Gregg, it was fun to be out with you today. Glad you were able to make it, even though I had to get back early. Hey, no need to be modest, you outfished this water rat two to one ;-))

I'll be in touch later in the month as temps cool the lake off a bit further. Maybe we can steal some weekdays and get out during prime time!

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Mike: If nothing else, finding you as a new fishing partner sure made my summer. Looking forward to the next time. I have some new tactics to try.

h2o<---------says great fishing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts