Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally hit a walleye this year out by the st. clair light. We fished from 7am to 130 pm. We had to troll about 1 mph to get some fish. We used yellow spoon crawler harness and perch rigs. We caught one walleye and about three dozen very nice perch and a rockbass and a mystery fish that broke my harness without any effort. When I cleaned a perch it had a tapeworm or something in the stomach. I threw it away. I am not sure that is normal. All in all it was a very nice day. I am also trying a walleye board for the first time. It is attached to my fishing line. If there are any tips I would appreciate them. I am using a crawler harness and a one ounze bottom bouncer. I got a bite but couldnt really notice it so I lost my tail on the worm.

·
Registered
71 Posts
QUOTE(coolcat253 @ Jul 6 2009, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finally hit a walleye this year out by the st. clair light. We fished from 7am to 130 pm. We had to troll about 1 mph to get some fish. We used yellow spoon crawler harness and perch rigs. We caught one walleye and about three dozen very nice perch and a rockbass and a mystery fish that broke my harness without any effort. When I cleaned a perch it had a tapeworm or something in the stomach. I threw it away. I am not sure that is normal. All in all it was a very nice day. I am also trying a walleye board for the first time. It is attached to my fishing line. If there are any tips I would appreciate them. I am using a crawler harness and a one ounze bottom bouncer. I got a bite but couldnt really notice it so I lost my tail on the worm.

I am heading back out there on tuesday, I will have a report to follow. Supposed to be 10 to 20 mph, good for drifting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts