Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perch fishing is fair at Fairhaven and other points on the North end of the lake. Many anglers (30%) are getting a few perch (1-10 fish) with only a few (10%) getting significant numbers (more than 10 fish). Size is mostly in the 7-9 inch range. Some pike are being taken at on tip ups and with spears. Perch anglers report seeing pike in their holes as well.

Reports for Cotton Road are similar to Fairhaven.
Unfortunately, parking at Cotton has been severely restricted by township police due to resident complaints caused by inconsiderate anglers. You will need $5 and must arrive early to get a spot in the only available parking on weekends.

Brandenburg has been good recently (free parking too)with limit catches of perch on the weekend and a late afternoon bite that is producing 20-25 nice perch between the hours of 3:00 and 6:00 PM weekdays. New Baltimore has few anglers to report.

Ice conditions are good at Fairhaven while there have been problems with moving ice at points south of Fairhaven. Ice is thin farther out at Brandenburg with two anglers going through the ice on Sunday. Anglers should also take a compass with them in case of white-outs caused by passing snow squalls. Could shorten a walk back to shore.

Hope you are staying warm. It's colder than you know what, out here. The sun goes down and the temperature drops like a rock. the wind has been lovely too.

·
Registered
103 Posts
With all the good news, why have I not made the time to get out there. Maybe just some of that silly word called laziness. Maybe the idea that my freezer does not have any filets in it will motivate me to move my butt.
Have fun and continue to play it safe.

Attachments

·
Registered
882 Posts
QUOTE(DNRJON @ Jan 21 2004, 08:44 AM)It's colder than you know what, out here.
Than a well diggers butt in Montana?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I was going to head out this morning (1/23), but when I heard the windchill was -20 to -25, I decided to finally replace the light fixture in the bathroom instead. Looks like Sunday is my next chance out.
Too damn cold to Do It On The Ice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts