Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1/17, Started out at Brandenburg. Good ice out to 50 yards beyond the pier. Past that only 2" - 2 1/2". Was open water Tues. Some guys ventured out there. Not me. Caught 3 perch, 8" - 11", from 8 - 9:30.
Left and went scouting around. Ended up just inside the mouth of the Spillway. Caught 2 more perch, 8 1/2" & 9". Quit about noon. Fished with minnows and mousies. Caught all fish on mousies on a #12 orange and chartreuse teardrop. Fish were on the move. You had to keep moving to stay with them. Anyone else walking the waters of St. Clair? Could use some help.

Good Luck and,
Do It On The Ice!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I went out Friday at eleven mile behind SCS library in the marina caught one three inch perch and one nine moved out in front of marina caught one eleven incher very slow was fishing from 9 am to 2 pm. I was interupted by a four wheeler that fell through the ice helped get it out but it was the best time of the day for fishing.

Went out sunday anchor bay a couple of hours saw alot of small perch ,did manage to catch a couple of keepers 8-9 inchers action maybe every 20 minutes to half hour rather slow. You have to find right spot at right time . Caught almost all of fish on minnows a couple on wigglers ,red and green tear drops.

And thats my story . Good fshn to yall !

·
Registered
21 Posts
Went out Sunday, out from the DNR access in Fair Haven from 2:00 to about 5:00. Nothing, not even a single bite between five guy's. We made one move, with zero results. Everybody we talk to, pretty much had the same story. There were a lot sleds racing over by the boat launch, maybe the noise spooked the fish? Next time out, thinking of giving Selfridge a try. Anyone have any luck over there?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Fished at selfrdige for four hours sunday morning with no results. Lots of people fishing there, but they all had the same story. If you ask at the bait store they will say that they are doing very well, believe me that is not the story. at lunch we moved to metro, where we caught about 50 5 inchers

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just got in from fishing, lots of jumbos, all in schools, real picky minnows was pref,ended up with 10 all nice size dont know how everyone else ended up waited till dark to come in

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
I was out at selfridge on saturday morning with my daughter. caught 5 perch (the largest one was 6 inches) on minnows and wigglers. had a big walley slam my minnow once. it was the most exciting part of the day for me even though he spit the hook out before I even had a chance to land him. we were directly out in front of the boat launch about 4 or 5 feet deep, ice was about 4 or 5 inches thick. a friend of mine was in front of the baracks, about 2 or 3 feet of water, and 2 inches of ice and he caught 25 10 inch keepers.

right place, right time
boardstiff, where were you fishing at?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That good, eh.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts