Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 7:30 AM until 4:00 PM in Anchor Bay. Cast crankbaits, spoons, bucktails, and tubes at the Salt River Mouth, out from Marsac Creek, at the Fair Haven sand bar, the Horseshoe, and the flats west of Grassy Island, and finally out from and north of the Clinton River Mouth. Lots of effort, not a lot of fish. Only three smallmouth, 1 1/2 to 3 lbs, all caught (and released) after 2:00 PM near the Clinton River. Nothing earlier, not even a hit. I'm thinking the front did me in, but then again I'm pretty good at doin' myself in. Oh well, there's always next time. While taking out at Harley Ensign heard that guys were getting SM on the mile roads, esp. near 12 mile, fow unknown.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Had the same kind of bad day Mike. Had a dad and son out and all we had for our effert was three hits. Tried Grassy and Bovier Bay to no avail. Have two guys coming in from Florida for 3 days next week sure hope the fishing is better,

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Beyond a doubt the Fish Flies have filled the stomachs. After yesterdays hatch they sure should slow down as it was the biggest I have seen in several years. Bob

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, Bob. Hope it's better next week, yup. Too bad Dad and Son didn't see better fishing, but that's part of it all. Interesting about the hex flies - there were shucks everywhere. Mark was going to rig up his fly rod and try nymphs, but he was missing terminal tackle.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Hey Mike did I catch a legal the last time we fished together?? My memory is hazy but it seems I did on one of our trips. Bob

·
Registered
83 Posts
Fished Thursday and Friday from 7 to 12 each day and didn't fare that well either. Fished mostly around 9 and 10 mile and threw the kitchen sink at em'. Caught around 15 each day for two guys with about 6 or 7 legals each day and only one over 3lbs. Most fish caught in 9fow or more and mostly on tubes, although did get a few to hit blades. Going back out Sunday.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Bob, last trip you hooked a fish that we thought was high forties, but it got off pretty quickly. My notes say you hooked two similar fish that day, but I only remember the one clearly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts