Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

Fishing Report

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  FLiP6735 
#1 ·
Fished 8am to 4pm today casting and trolling for Muskie. Nothing. No hits, no follows. The only thing we saw all day were a few nice bass flipping on the surface. We fished the Sni, Middle Channel and North Channel. Has anyone been picking up Muskie? I've been out a few times this year, with only one fish on. I've had quite a few follows though. Most of the days I've been out have been blue bird skies (like today). I thought the chop on the water would help, but it didn't. Well, it beat working anyway!

#3 ·
Looking over my notes, it would seem that musky are all over the lake. I've seen or hooked fish in L'Anse Creuse Bay, out from the Clinton River, near Salt River, Marsac Creek, out from Grassy Island, near the 10 Mile Bar. My problem is I haven't been landing 'em, but I guess that's okay, esp. from the fishes' view.

Overall, it's been kind of a tough, slow season, but like you said, it beats time at work.

#4 ·
I went out for about an hour tonight, it was my third time out in a row with out a rip!
(about 22 hrs of trolling) from gpyc to the hump to the firecracker and back, NOTHING!
but I am sure that my luck will change.
It has been slow for me for two weeks now, but over all it has been a good year for me

#5 ·
This has been the oddest season I can remember. No where near normal for Muskie. Mike you and I need to fish together so we can get a Muskie in the boat. Bob

#8 ·
Thats easy Magnum just hire me for a day and you will find out enought to fish for the season.
They will be all over the place at that time of the year. This is a very shallow lake so water temp won't make much difference at the time. Bob

#9 ·
It has been a while Mike.

#13 ·
Is there any good casting water for Muskies on the Canadian side? It seems like my luck this year has been dependent upon the cloud cover. Bright skies - no fish. Clouds - fish. I'm learning to troll, but don't understand trolling open water. What are the fish relating to? How do you methodically cover the water? Unless I'm trolling weed edges or the channels, I feel like I'm aimlessly wandering out there. So then I lose all confidence and switch back to casting (which I prefer anyway). My father-in-law is coming up next weekend, and I want to get him his first Muskie in the boat. He had a 50"+ fish on last fall (hit right at the boat) casting in the North channel, but she twisted off after we got her to the boat the 3rd time. It was a real heartbreaker!! Any advice you have is greatly appreciated (yeah I know, work on my netting skills).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.