Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there again fishing buddies.
My report is going to be a basic repeat of last week, but may have some changes.
From Metro Beach down to 13 mile Walleye and perch are being caught in 10 of water. Drifting and trolling have both been productive. Boats are using crawler harnesses that are pearl, chartruese, neon green, or bright pink. Limits have been caught in this area so the fish are there.

Yellow Perch have also been productive right around the St. Clair light by the shipping channel. Depths vary here, but most are being caught in about 12-14 feet of water. Usually suspended.

Smallmouth bass are really coming in now from around the mile roads all the way up to the 400 club. These are being caught on various lures, but mainly tube jigs (green or dark bronze). The depths of these catches range from 3 feet to 8 feet. The boats that i had this weekend that had limits said they were in about 5 feet of water looking for a weed line.

Past the mile roads down to Grosse Pointe Walleye are being caught at the dunping grounds by drifting and trolling. Drifters are using bottom bouncers and crawler harnesses. Color of the harnesses are a hammered gold color, neon green, and pearl with red dots or blue dots. Trolling is not as effective, but some have been brought in using this technique.

No reports on Muskie in American waters really yet, but the Canadian side is really going right now. Northern pike are still very limited. i have not seen one yet.
Well hope this helps everyone and i hope that everyone has a great 4th and catches a ton of fish. Bring them in! Cory

·
Registered
20 Posts
Cory,
Pike are in the area fairly strong from what I saw over the last weekend. I had a 34", my partner had a 26" and the third in our group had 2 in the 22" range. That was in a day and a half. I would say that is pretty much a sign that the pike are there.

For anyone who would like to put a bigger smallie in the boat, try drifting tossing a watermelon/red flake baby brushhog rigged Texas style with a 3/8 oz bullet weight. It ran through the weeds without hanging and consistently outproduced tubes on smallies as far as size goes. I don't know if it was just something different but ours ran into the 3+ range more often with the brushhogs. Most of our tube fish were in the 2 range.

UFM82

·
Registered
927 Posts
hmmm, a little something different. makes sense. my biggest smallie ( that i landed) came on a tube saturday. but i did have one in the 4lb range and another in the 3-3.5 lb range on a rogue. lost both tho, always in a tournament

anyone ever use the mizmo slinko tube out there? i have been meaning to buy some, seems like it would work. you have the whole tube thing going in a slightly different package. just wondering.

madman himself

1 - 3 of 3 Posts