Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
We made our yearly st clair trip and wow what a weekend it was.. my dad was diagnosed with cancer last august and now they tell him its in stage 4 and we have been wanting to as much as possible with him to have some great memories... we stopped by nautical mile bp and he seen all the musky pictures up on the wall and told me he wanted to catch one of those well he buys a bigger pole and a guy named mario from there told him a lure to buy so we started trolling around metro beach and within 10 mins he hooks in to a 40 inch musky.. just the look on his face made my trip ... only bad part is now all he wants to do is go musky fishing... lol.... we have a pretty good musky lake within a 1 hr and a half called Cave Run Lake.. (in KY) so we been making plans to go there and troll... all together this weekend was wonderful and i hope to bring my dad back up there to make more memories.. here is some pics from the weekend from my camera.. i will get the other pics from everyone else camera and post them.. thanks to everyone on this website for posting some areas to fish as i made great memories with my dad that will last a lifetime....
Josh

Water Sky Vertebrate Boat Fisherman
Water Vertebrate Sky Cap Cloud

Attachments

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
cool trip. I wish you guys all the luck and good memories... my dad also suffers from cancer he cant get around to much anymore he taught me about fishing as a kid..

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Glad to hear you had a succesful trip up here to LSC. We are spoiled for sure. Hitting a ski within 10 min, that is just awesome lol Glad to hear he got into one, but also, sorry to hear about his condition.

Good work out there!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
musky being released.. i thought my dad was going to cry when he found out it had to be 42 in order to keep it(lol).. he wanted to mount it so bad.. my cousin is a taxidermist.. my dad was about to make a phone call to see what all he had to do in order to keep it ready till we got home.... also all the other fish were released unharmed....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
QUOTE(sweetsrt4_03 @ Jun 15 2009, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>musky being released.. i thought my dad was going to cry when he found out it had to be 42 in order to keep it(lol).. he wanted to mount it so bad.. my cousin is a taxidermist.. my dad was about to make a phone call to see what all he had to do in order to keep it ready till we got home.... also all the other fish were released unharmed....

Remember for next time, ya don't need to keep the fish anymore. With the right pictures and measurements taken....you can get anything done up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(DR.hook @ Jun 15 2009, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>cool trip. I wish you guys all the luck and good memories... my dad also suffers from cancer he cant get around to much anymore he taught me about fishing as a kid..

sorry to hear about your dad... i know the feeling that your having..and its not a good one.. my dad has carcinoid cancer and its really rare so theres not alot they can do for him.. hope your dad gets better... and god bless....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(Large Mouth Peks @ Jun 15 2009, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(sweetsrt4_03 @ Jun 15 2009, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>musky being released.. i thought my dad was going to cry when he found out it had to be 42 in order to keep it(lol).. he wanted to mount it so bad.. my cousin is a taxidermist.. my dad was about to make a phone call to see what all he had to do in order to keep it ready till we got home.... also all the other fish were released unharmed....

Remember for next time, ya don't need to keep the fish anymore. With the right pictures and measurements taken....you can get anything done up.

got the weight and length just not the girth is that the three i need... thanks for the info.. maybe i could get him a replica that would be awesome

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
QUOTE(sweetsrt4_03 @ Jun 15 2009, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(DR.hook @ Jun 15 2009, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>cool trip. I wish you guys all the luck and good memories... my dad also suffers from cancer he cant get around to much anymore he taught me about fishing as a kid..

sorry to hear about your dad... i know the feeling that your having..and its not a good one.. my dad has carcinoid cancer and its really rare so theres not alot they can do for him.. hope your dad gets better... and god bless....

thanks... yea it sucks... he has prostrait and colon cancer. plus he was just treated for a mild form of skin cancer. HE IS 80 yrs old he did have a good long life .i wish a would live to be 80 yrs old..you just got to enjoy them while there here..

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
QUOTE(sweetsrt4_03 @ Jun 15 2009, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>got the weight and length just not the girth is that the three i need... thanks for the info.. maybe i could get him a replica that would be awesome

Yeah look into a replica for sure. Either Rick Lax or Joe Fittante. Both are excellent with muskie, but there's tons of replica guys out there. And alot of them have ready-made forms. So you can get it close; they'll have three or four 40" muskie in a couple different positions and girths. Call 'em up and get it close. So if you don't have exact measurements, it's not the end of the world.

But glad to hear your dad is now hooked on muskie. I'm a bit jealous you being down by Cave. What a fishery! And you can start fishing for muskie in like April!!! Go get 'em and welcome to the site.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Yeah, I like the release pic. That's cool.

So that's your dad in the red pants? The guy handles a muskie very well, especially for a guy new to them. Tell him well done!

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
QUOTE(sweetsrt4_03 @ Jun 15 2009, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Large Mouth Peks @ Jun 15 2009, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(sweetsrt4_03 @ Jun 15 2009, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>musky being released.. i thought my dad was going to cry when he found out it had to be 42 in order to keep it(lol).. he wanted to mount it so bad.. my cousin is a taxidermist.. my dad was about to make a phone call to see what all he had to do in order to keep it ready till we got home.... also all the other fish were released unharmed....

got the weight and length just not the girth is that the three i need... thanks for the info.. maybe i could get him a replica that would be awesome

You could wing it, but the girth is highly essential at determining the thickness of the fish. You might be able to use your arm or something for comparison, and just get something done up anyways ( without telling him, that would be one hell of a suprise).

·
Registered
731 Posts
Great fun!!! I have heard of Cave Run Lake. Suppose to be excellent muskie fishing down there. You all look like natural musky fishermen too me!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Fishing is tough in alot of places. We are surely spoiled to be living near this lake....

·
Registered
616 Posts
Glad you had a good time,
Complement you for spending some time with your dad in those tought times. Hope he gets better.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Glad you had fun and were able to spend some quality time with your dad.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts