Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had morning open and marine forecast looked okay, so fished out of Crocker/Jefferson launch at the mile roads from 6 AM to 10 AM. Drifted with mild south wind from 10 mile to about 13 mile in 11-14 fow, water temp about 75 degrees. Nine SM, one tough little rock bass. All released in good shape. Very consistent bites throughout morning. Sizes all around 2-2&1/2 pounds, though. Did get a follow and 'lil bump from one of the biggest SM I've seen on LSC, but no dance. All fish caught on fast crankbaits, none on tubes.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Hey Mike when you get into those Bass down on the mile roads put on a Perch Super Shad and catch some big ones.
Bob P.S. Also try a Red Eye. They both work on big Bass

·
Registered
226 Posts
I drifted with crawlers and tubes in the same area today. Mid-day for about five hours. Had 7-8 smallmouth (including one 20 1/4" fish) . . . 7-8 perch and a rock bass.

Anyone having any luck with walleyes off the mile roads? If so, what's the secret?

·
Registered
8 Posts
My brother and I also fished the mile roads today (11 to 13) from about 1:00 to 7:30. It started to rain when we got there and it came down pretty steady for about an hour or so. Caught 1 2lb LM and 2 small walleyes in the rain in about 12-13 fow. Rain stopped and fishing picked up a bit. Ended up with about 6 walleye all about 14 inches, 6 smallies all about 2 - 2 1/2 lbs each, 4 LM and a few rock bass. All but one walleye caught on chartreuse jig and 4&5 inch chartreuse grubs. Nothing BIG today but always a great time on the water! (Even in the rain!)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Bob! Thanks for the tip. I don't head down to the mile roads very often and honestly didn't even think of the super shads. Too occupied with smaller crankbaits and tubes. To quote a famous author: "Small fish hit big baits some of the time. Big fish hit small baits some of the time, but big fish hit big baits all of the time. So fish big baits." Well, that's close to the quote, I think. Next time I'll remember the big stuff.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
It is Big fish hit small baits once in awhile so why use small baits. and I know where you heard that.LOL
Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts