Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been busy and have not had a chance to report much this year. But one observation from last night. The fall feed is not far behind. Air temps have droped 10 degrees over the last week and surface water temps in the lake about 3 degrees. I registered 69.3 degrees along the South shore of St. Clair yesterday. Of course this was taking later in the day which could have been a factor. Fish should start to gang up on isolated spots, hold there, and feed heavily. If you catch a fish of a spot, odds are there plenty more there as well so don't hesitate to work it over good. We had a little bit of evidence last night. We pulled roughly 15-20 smallies off a spot no bigger 2 boats in about an hour or so. In week's prior it has been 2 or 3 max. Most of the fish we caught still had there "summer build" but a few were approaching football shape. All of our fish were caught on tubes but I did notice a number of fish slashing at the bait as it was brought back to the bought. One of which nearly jumped in the boat as I was lifting out of the water. Nearly gave me a heart attack! A good solid jerkbait bite is not far behind. This should only get better as the weeks go on. We are in for some exciting times. Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
can anyone tell me where the Musky action has been hot, because i have been cold. having a hard time finding them, what was good a month or so ago is not working these days, boat speed, Depth, Color choice, solid stick or Jointed ? dont know how it got so slow or maybe i just suck
at this time last year i had 110 hook ups this year 41 man am i losing it or what
any info would be a great help........... Thanks

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
I am a bass fisherman, but I did get two muskies one day two weeks ago.

One was in 5 feet of water at the mouth of the Clinton and the other was in 18 feet in the old south channel.

I have not heard any good reports lately....do you have a marine radio? I would scan that while on the lake.

Mini

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Mini, I do have a radio, but you know how it is everyone talks in code or gives out verry little info, I mean i cant blame em, there are alot of people who would run over the top of them or there lines once they got the GPS #. lolo you just have to know sombody to be sombody i guess
aint no swet everyone's got to reach a low, To really be able to feel the top . lololo not to mention the weed growth has been wierd this year.......... Hey Mini thanks for the reply. Tight lines man Tight lines.

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had a few muskie followers/takers along the breaklines on the West and North sides of Grassy island. Not trying for them but they are there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts