Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing has been good for the most part mainly for yellow perch and walleye.
Walleye are still being caught on crawler harnesses white, pearl, and chartruese colored. Sites include: in about 15 foot of water 1 mile southeast from Metro Beach mainly drifting and trolling, the dumping grounds trolling with cralwer harnesses, depths here range from 12-15 feet. Elsewhere walleye are being taken from the St. Clair light and north of Gull island by the Middle Channel.
Yellow perch are being taken from around the St. Clair light and around buoy marker S. Most boats are dirifting to find the fish and then anchoring to sit over top of them. Perch rigs and cralwer harnesses are being used. Additional areas for perch are just south of Gull island in appr. 15-20 feet of water.
Smallmouth are realy productive down around the Coast Guard station and from the Gross Pointe yacht club north. Boats are using natural colored tube jigs and mister twisters of light colors white and pearl.
Still no reports of northern pike and muskie on the American side. Muskie have been caught down by the mile roads in about 12 feet of water.
Thank you and good luck this week. Cory

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey Cory thank you for the reports you have been posting. One thing, I cannot find bouy marker S. Will you give me the general vicinity I should be looking in please?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts