Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there everyone this is your old friend from the DNR Cory.
Fishing has been slow, but fish are still to be caught.
Walleye are still being caught about 2 miles out from the 400 club in 14-15 feet of water. Crawler harnesses white in color and a hammered brass are the most productive. Other areas that are productive include the dumping grounds and north of grassy island. Boats in these areas are trolling mainly.
Yellow perch are starting to pick up and some boats have had there limit. Around the St. Clair light and buoy S are the most popular areas right now. The depths here range from 16-20 feet. The fish are being caught on perch rigs with minnows and crawler harnesses. North of grassy island has been productive also in about 12 feet of water.
Smallmouth bass are very productive right now down through the mile roads of 11 mile to 8 mile. Tube jigs white and natural color are mostly commonly used, but some spinner baits have worked also. Drifting with a crawler harness in about 5-8 feet of water has also worked.
Hopefully this helps everyone catch some fish and goodluck this week. Thanks, Cory

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well I guess the fish have moved., can anyone tell me please where the walleye have moved to PLEASE, I am in bad shpe durring the power outting i lost about 20 LBS. of Walleye fillets,
i need a fix for some fish

·
Registered
280 Posts
well, all the advice i can give is the same cory did, out from the 400 club, but its been really slow. i think this weekend i will concentrate on the perch and bass. even they have been spotty
can anyone help me us out on the walleye and perch locations?> or even a good spot to catch pike?
we are planning the whole weekend and dont have canadian licenses. if there are any areas in the american waters, please let me(us) know.
thanks guys,
oh and by the way, any get togethers for the weekend?

·
Registered
262 Posts
its, 20 #'s, you should have had a fish fry!

dgreif, i'm going out on sat. for the perch too, probably start out allong the channel and keep working down toward the St Clair Light in the morning. There were some fish off 9 mile a week or two ago (13-15ft), haven't been out for perch and haven't heard much since. If I don't find much I will be heading over to Canada, making sure we start the day w/ a full tank of gas :) I'll be on channel 9.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts