Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is anyone fishing the rivers or channels for muskie? i will be camping in algonac st. park. is it worth while to launch farther south on the lake versus boating down the river and channels? any good weedbeds along the river north to the capmground? thanks for the info.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Dont know about muskie, but I learned something last labor day weekend about the SCR. My fiance and I went camping up at the KOA near Port Huron and decided to poke around downtown port huron one afternoon. We went down by that farmers market on a Thursday evening and there was a guy down there fishing with a couple of ugly sticks right at the mouth of that other little river that flows out of downtown port huron empties into the main river. He had about a dozen 10"+ perch and 4 smallies all over 3lbs at least (yes, he was keeping them for dinner and the guy looked like he could use the meal to be honest)...He had fashioned a 12' pole onto his net to make it long enough to reach the river from the walkway. I was shocked. Talked to him for a few, just a sinker and crawler harness...thats it. Unfortunately for me, my boat was in the shop for that trip and left the rods at home.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.