Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone get out this week? I know the weather was kinda rough for a few days there, but I find it hard to believe some of you die hards (like me! lol) haven't been out with the beginning of the fall weather. I was really counting on some hog eyes this week...

With the exception of an average hook up and a dink 'eye on Sunday, I haven't had much luck, despite being pumped about the cooler temps. Went out Tuesday night for an hour, and the wind was ridiculous (from shore, remember--no boat). Tried again last night, beautiful night, and not even a hit. Two straight nights without a bite gets me questioning this weather--when does a cold front become just normal fall weather? Do you fellas think the light bite relates to the weather, or just something else? I'd like to try again in the next couple days, but should I wait 'till we get a more consistent weather pattern, or will the eyes start showing up soon in the shallows/close to shore, as they have been most of the summer?

Thanks for the help guys, and good luck on the upcoming hunting, as I know many of you are looking forward to that!

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Eyes head to deep water about this time of year. But you could get the stray. It's all about Location.

h2o

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(h2o @ Oct 1 2009, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Eyes head to deep water about this time of year. But you could get the stray. It's all about Location.

h2o

See, I've heard different things; that they come REAL shallow in the fall, but I've also heard this, that they prefer deep water? This is really my first year fishing seriously for them, so I'd like some input regarding their fall patterns? I would imagine they still chase baitfish into the shallows at night? I guess I'll keep plucking away, and note any weather consistencies when I do find fish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.