Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing Hardy Dam on Sunday. Buddy recieved an underwater camera for his birthday and its the coolest thing in the world. We took it to Hardy last Saturday and I was amazed at what you could see. We were fishing Silver Buddys in 18-20 fow. We dropped the camera down to that depth and you could see all the rocks and stumps that graph picks up and you always wondered what it was. I had a smallie come up to the lens and check the thing out. I cant wait to try in out in real clear water.

Hardy water temp was 46-48 degrees and the fish are in the 15-22 foot range, however did talk to a guy at the ramp that said he caught one in 3 foot of water. We were throwing blade baits out and jerking them off the bottom. I really think this warm weather leading up to Sunday will make for a great weekend of fishing.

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Smallies love the camera. They will follow it around as you drift. They are a very curious creature.

·
Registered
927 Posts
same with walleyes.

they always come check it out on kent lake. i had one swat at it with its tail 3 times.

its cool to watch them come in from a distance too. they all of a sudden appear as a dark silhouette. then they will disappear for a few seconds, and re appear a bit closer. then all of a sudden there they are right in front of your face.

gotta love thos underwater cameras.

madman himself

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
I always warn people before they look into one on the water.....

"You beter have your money ready, cause once you look in here you will want to buy one!"

The cameras are cool, no doubt.

One fish I thankfully have not seen on a camera is a big musky.....I wonder if they would get as "curious" and try to eat the darn thing.....

Mini

1 - 4 of 4 Posts