Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out on BassTek's boat today, casting for Muskie. We did very well, Tek will post pic's soon. We saw Esoxfly fishing in same area, it's good to meet guys from the site.
Many thanks to Tek / Mike for taking me out, my boat is in the shop for motor repairs and I was getting cabin fever. The Muskie were hot the first hour and a half, then dead for a long time, then got a big one on last drift.
Thanks again Mike, I enjoyed it

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Nice meeting you too.

So what's the deal with your boat? TEK said you have a Ranger, but it's motor issues? How long will you be boatless? I feel your pain. I was boatless most of the spring and missed the good bite.

·
Registered
234 Posts
QUOTE(esoxfly @ Jul 16 2009, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice meeting you too.

So what's the deal with your boat? TEK said you have a Ranger, but it's motor issues? How long will you be boatless? I feel your pain. I was boatless most of the spring and missed the good bite.

No problem with the Ranger, the problem is the Opti-Max might be the air compressor that feeds the injectors. Last Friday the pump started screaming throwing grease out of bearings then motor died. I took it in Monday, they said 3-4 days to look at it then order parts. They said a week to week and a half.
It's been one of those years................

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(Fish Talker @ Jul 17 2009, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(esoxfly @ Jul 16 2009, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice meeting you too.

No problem with the Ranger, the problem is the Opti-Max might be the air compressor that feeds the injectors. Last Friday the pump started screaming throwing grease out of bearings then motor died. I took it in Monday, they said 3-4 days to look at it then order parts. They said a week to week and a half.
It's been one of those years................

Update on what the Mercury mechanic diagnosis as the problem with my 150 Opti-Max.

Compressor is totally gone, he can turn it by hand with no compression at all. He will replace compressor, belt and three grommets for the cover all under warranty.

Great news for me as he stated the compressor goes for about a $1000.00 .

I'll be back on the water middle of next week, thank God.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.