Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FINALLY.... THE FISKA JIGS ARE IN!

WOLFRAM & EPOXY NEW HAND PAINTED COLORS.

·
Registered
731 Posts
QUOTE(stumpjumper @ Dec 16 2009, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What is special about these jigs? I am not trying to dis anyone I just never heard of em and I need to know what they are before I drive out there to get some.
Thanks

ONE THING IS THEY ARE MADE OUT OF TUNGSTEN INSTEAD OF LEAD. TUNGSTEN WEIGHS MORE THAN LEAD, WHICH ALOWS YOU TO USE A JIG THAT IS THE SAME SIZE OR SMALLER THAN A JIG MADE OF LEAD & THEY SINK FASTER. FISKA JIGS ARE NEW STOCK FOR ME THIS YEAR, BUT I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH A DEMAND FOR AN ICE JIG BEFORE. (EXCEPTION - HARRY'S FICIOUS JIGS)

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
QUOTE(stumpjumper @ Dec 16 2009, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What is special about these jigs? I am not trying to dis anyone I just never heard of em and I need to know what they are before I drive out there to get some.
Thanks

if you havent tried them then pick a couple up you will never use lead tear drops again

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(Nautical Mile bp @ Dec 16 2009, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(stumpjumper @ Dec 16 2009, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What is special about these jigs? I am not trying to dis anyone I just never heard of em and I need to know what they are before I drive out there to get some.
Thanks

ONE THING IS THEY ARE MADE OUT OF TUNGSTEN INSTEAD OF LEAD. TUNGSTEN WEIGHS MORE THAN LEAD, WHICH ALOWS YOU TO USE A JIG THAT IS THE SAME SIZE OR SMALLER THAN A JIG MADE OF LEAD & THEY SINK FASTER. FISKA JIGS ARE NEW STOCK FOR ME THIS YEAR, BUT I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH A DEMAND FOR AN ICE JIG BEFORE. (EXCEPTION - HARRY'S FICIOUS JIGS)

Are they the same style as the other ice jigs? Faster falling is good for when the fish are active but when the bite is slow a slower falling jig works better IMO.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
744 Posts
Can't say I have ever seen those, which size is the most popular?

I bet those small ones just might work good when the bite is slow-bounce it off the bottom to stir things up alittle, then wiggle the little guy out of the silt cloud! Them perch can't seem to resist little things swimming off the bottom!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(perch chaser @ Dec 16 2009, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Can't say I have ever seen those, which size is the most popular?

I bet those small ones just might work good when the bite is slow-bounce it off the bottom to stir things up alittle, then wiggle the little guy out of the silt cloud! Them perch can't seem to resist little things swimming off the bottom!

3MM & 4MM ARE THE MOST POPULAR SIZES. THAT IS MOSTLY WHAT I ORDERED.

·
Registered
42 Posts
U need to use the fiskas tipped with ur little atom plastics dropped through ur strikemasterd hole connected to ur st croix legend rod handled with ur ice armor suit while sittin in ur fish trap or u WILL not catch fish and u will not look pro.. so start with fiskas because then u will automatically know what they are biting on

·
Registered
731 Posts
QUOTE(Flatlandfishing @ Dec 16 2009, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Are the ones I saw on the counter? If so I bought some today and they look GREAT!

No sweetie, those were shad darts, fiska came in after u left. I looked every where for those!

fiska's suggested retail price range is $2.39-$2.69 depending on size, remember these are tungsten not lead.

ps: Don't forget your LSCN MEMBERS ONLY discount!

·
Registered
63 Posts
QUOTE(Dagger33 @ Dec 17 2009, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>U need to use the fiskas tipped with ur little atom plastics dropped through ur strikemasterd hole connected to ur st croix legend rod handled with ur ice armor suit while sittin in ur fish trap or u WILL not catch fish and u will not look pro.. so start with fiskas because then u will automatically know what they are biting on

LOL

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(Nautical Mile bp @ Dec 16 2009, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>THIS IS WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE

View attachment 69896

Those look like a knock off of the JR's Tackle Pannie Pill or the Northland Mud Bug.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(Zib @ Dec 17 2009, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Nautical Mile bp @ Dec 16 2009, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>THIS IS WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE

View attachment 69896

Those look like a knock off of the JR's Tackle Pannie Pill or the Northland Mud Bug.

FISKAS ARE FROM SWEDEN.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Do you carry any of Custom jigs & spins products?

·
Registered
45 Posts
QUOTE(Nautical Mile bp @ Dec 17 2009, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Flatlandfishing @ Dec 16 2009, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Are the ones I saw on the counter? If so I bought some today and they look GREAT!

No sweetie, those were shad darts, fiska came in after u left. I looked every where for those!

fiska's suggested retail price range is $2.39-$2.69 depending on size, remember these are tungsten not lead.

ps: Don't forget your LSCN MEMBERS ONLY discount!

your LSCN MEMBERS ONLY discount? is there a crd for members or what if so how do I get one to get my discount?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.