Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The U.S. Coast Guard Office of Boating Safety has issued a notice alerting users of Olin flare guns manufactured before 2000 may not open far enough to accept flare cartridges. The Coast Guard is asking all boaters with older flare guns to test load a cartridge as soon as possible and also at the beginning of every boating season. If your flare gun has this defect you are asked to send it back for replacement to: Orion Safety Products, Marine Division 3157 N. 500, West Peru IN 46970

FYI: All recreational vessels on U.S. waters regardless of type or size must carry on board U.S. Coast Guard approved visual distress signals.

Thanks for your time,
Carry on....

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
QUOTE(Robynator @ Jun 14 2004, 10:10 AM)I hear pocket guns flare gun works just great!!

Just ask Instigator......

hee hee!!!!!

i've been waiting for someone to say something!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
QUOTE(Robynator @ Jun 14 2004, 11:10 AM)I hear pocket guns flare gun works just great!!

Just ask Instigator......

hee hee!!!!!

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
QUOTE(NoCode @ Jun 12 2004, 10:29 AM)may not open far enough to accept flare cartridges.
Makes you wonder if they test these things or even shoot them a few times before selling them. How could they design it not to open far enough....that's a pretty big thing isn't it?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
QUOTE(NoCode @ Jun 14 2004, 12:45 PM)Did you guys send up a red one or a white one??
Doesn't matter...no one came for them anyways.

Glad they made it back safe. We actually thought they went to PIB for a quick drink and back for how long they were gone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts