Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody like to use floating worms that much?? Is it necessary to have to put a ball bearing swivel up the line to prevent line twist if you're using a baitcaster??

Trying to clear out the tackle boxes and couldn't decide if I should keep these or not.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I love floaters. Sometimes I use a swivel, sometimes I don't. Just after the spawn you sometimes see bass sunning themselves on the surface,sometimes in groups, especially in canals and they won't touch any bait you throw. But throw a weightless bright colored floating worm at them and they'll fight the others for it. It's an amazing example of how we need to be versatile to catch them.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
DR P,
What size floating worms do you use most:
10cm, 15cm?

Do you use different size swivels for different sink rates:
i.e. 40 grams for real slow sink or 200 grams for a quick sinking reaction bite?

What are your favorite colors?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
For colors I like perrywinkle, mauve, and just about all the 'hip' pastels.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
LMAO @ DRP!!

That's a hilarious reply dude,....got my morning off to a good start!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
DRP,
I am glad dan brought this subject up. As you know I am soon to be a Champion owner. How many liters will the fuel tank hold?

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
You laugh, but it says liters and gallons on top of the tank.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I like the methiolate color (hot pinkish kinda orangy). I rig em with a very small swivel and purposely put a little kink in them (Davey Hite tip). Once in awhile I will rig em wacky without a swivel. I've had 2 or 3 times were a big largehead just comes up underneath and just slurps it down, no splash, no noise, no ripple, just a little dimple in the water. Kinda Cool!

I've only had luck with them early in the year and early in the morning myself. But then again I've never tried them later in the day so who knows!

Give em a try but don't go crazy and buy 30 colors.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Personally, I'd go by liters more often if I could do the conversion in my head at US gas stations because (economizing tip coming next! -->) you get more liters per dollar than gallons.

Floating worms are fun. Try Carolina-rigging them for ANY kind of bass… Brown, green-pumpkin or black kick the bright colors' butts sometimes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts