Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
"Rumor's" I've heard regarding this subject are rampant,...most are stating that BASS/FLW won't be back here due to the lack of "financial" support from the local Chamber's of Commerce. Those BIG trails require BIG $$$ to "lure" them to the area,....and when the big money doesn't materialize,..they go elsewhere. On the other side of the coin,...do we really want the additional pressure on our fisheries? Personally, I think we've seen a decline in the overall quality of the fishing around here in the past 7-8 years due to the tremendous increase in fishing pressure. We've had a couple BASS events, the FLW has been here and we've had a couple BFL and Everstarts......all big tournaments with outstanding caliber anglers. That's a lot of pressure,....but I think the real reason we haven't seen the Big Tours come back has been because of the lack of financial commitment from the local communities and also from a lot of flack that the homeowners along the Black Creek/Metro Beach area put up when the FLW was here last time. The Helicopter buzzing their homes at 5:00am was probably the "final straw". I could be wrong,...but that's what I've heard anyway,.......when there's so many communities that are willing to ante up to get the major tournaments to come to their cities,...they won't bother with places that don't hold up to their financial end of the deal, OR cause a lot of flack or grief for the host organization. I've also heard that the local communities that do host these events,..are paying upwards of a million dollars to be able to host it,.....that's a lot of money for a C of C to fork out,.....who know's though,......my gut feeling is that we'll see another FLW up here before we'll see BASS come back.,..mainly because of the relationship with the WalMart stores and the ability to hold the weigh-in's at their stores.... I love seeing the "BIG DOGS" come to town too,...but I also appreciate the fact that our fisheries are not getting pounded to death any more than they already are IMHO!! Just a thought anyway....

Mac

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
MAC,
Most of what you said is true.I have an friend that fishes the FLW tour and according to him,the last FLW tourn. w/the helicopters and the lack of support, the" launch" issues they are reserching everything over.
I guess some fisherman stayed down river off of the x-way and there were theft issues as well as" lack of"accomadations.
Maybe we all build a delux hotel,and launch them out on Erie? that way Detroit can use it for confrences,superbowl,etc....etc.....as far as fishing pressure I don`t know what is worst excessive tournaments with catch and release or the weekend pleasure fisherman keeping a stringer of smallies just for a pitcure?

·
Registered
927 Posts
who are these weekend anglers keeping a stringer of smallies for practice. i will find them and fix the situation. lol, as long as no angler is keeping more than 5 per day, we shoud be alright. but it is a shame when someone keeps a trophy fish ( 5 lbs or better) why nto just get a reproduction made of it. its just as easy ( if not easier).

keep out trophies in the lake!!!!!!!!!1

madman himself

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, personally I don't think FLW or BASS can cause anymore stress than a bunch of local tournaments week after week after week after week, etc...

I enjoy watching the pro's fish our local waters and seeing how they perform.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
FLW has it`s 2004 T.V. sched. out flwtour.com has all the info your looking for. And dont forget to watch the championship tourn starting Sept. 10.

Who do you think will win?

The season is winding down and the best fishing is yet to come

1 - 10 of 10 Posts