Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man oh man I had a blast last night, got the itch to go fishing last night around 7 p.m.. I'm not really one who likes to go out on the boat at night, so we went to a friends who live's right on the water. Fished about an hour and only caught one small perch. We noticed the fish gonig after the fish flies who had landed on the surface of the water so i got out my fly rod. Caught a blue gill with the first cast , caught a bunch of perch as well. None of them were really keepers but had fun anyway. There were even a couple bass chasing the fly's too but no hits. All in all we had a good time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Way to go!!! I love to fly fish and in my opinion catching bass and panfish on poppers is about exciting and rewarding as fishing gets. Since I live in East Lansing, I don't get a chance to fish Lake St. Clair as much as I used to. Fly fishing on the Grand River the other day, I caught a bunch of rock bass and three smallmouth, the biggest being about 12 inches. Those river smallmouth, man do they give you a battle! I can't wait to get out again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts