Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Throwing chartreus and or red/gold streamers by Selfridge and Brandenberg Park last Sat. & Sun. and had good fights of Smallmouth Bass. Had to reach the bottom of the lake to convince the fish to fight but fight they did. Wonder if anyone else is flyfishing in LSC, would like to hear some feed back. Trying to hook into a Pike or Musky. Need feed back from other flyfisherman.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've done it from shore and have caught perch and blue gill. I've also had a couple bass follow the fly but nothing has ever hit. I can't even imagin catching a muskey or a pike on a fly rod but I'm sure it would be the fight of a life time.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Chuk,

The best pike fishing on the fly is in the spring in the bays, canals, and up in tight near the creek and river mouths of Anchor Bay. This time of year you might try the flats on the south end of the North Channel on down to the B marker.

I throw mostly Clouser minnows on 3/0 hooks and rabbit strip leeches, by the way. Basic stuff, but on the big side.

The Fly Mart in Royal Oak specializes in fly fishing tackle for Lake St Clair. They also run a guide service on the lake out of a flats boat. Good shop and good advice.

Mike

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
I have fly fished for Muskie and Pike on the lake. All I can catch are Channel Cats (two 15 pound's and 20 pound's) what a blast.
Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts