·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Not in our lifetime.

h2o

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
I do to. This is serious and nature has her way. We must think also of the invasion species we transfer to the world. A cycle that has little control and major impact. The world takes care of herself. It's a big planet.

h2o

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Let them come to LSC, the muskie eat all the perch and walleye, why not carp...

* this is a sacarstic remark, do not take it as the bible*

on a serious note, I hope they can figure this one out... and fast!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Lastest article I have read is they are five miles from the barrier in Chicago when we originally thought they would be 15 miles away. Chances are they are even closer than the five miles as that study was done months ago. We have to pray that electric barrier holds up or the Great Lakes could be seeing them within a few years. Scary.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Hope for the best.

h2o

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I am Mary Dettloff, public information officer (i.e. media relations officer) for the DNR. I just spoke with several of our Fisheries Division biologists who work on Lake St. Clair. No one has reported to them catching or finding Asian carp. Also, no one has dropped off fish at the Lake St. Clair Research Station in Mt. Clemens for our biologists to examine.

This story is clearly a hoax. If and when the carp do enter the Great Lakes, we will, of course, disclose that information to the public once we have confirmed it. That is protocol for the DNR.

Please get out and enjoy the rest of the summer on the lake!

Mary Dettloff
DNR Public Information Officer

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Welcome to LSCN Mary Dettloff and thank you for that conformation. I knew it was a hoax.

We look forward to your guidence in the future if you would be so kind.

Thank You Mary

h2o

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
QUOTE(MaryDettloff @ Aug 19 2009, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello,

I am Mary Dettloff, public information officer (i.e. media relations officer) for the DNR. I just spoke with several of our Fisheries Division biologists who work on Lake St. Clair. No one has reported to them catching or finding Asian carp. Also, no one has dropped off fish at the Lake St. Clair Research Station in Mt. Clemens for our biologists to examine.

This story is clearly a hoax. If and when the carp do enter the Great Lakes, we will, of course, disclose that information to the public once we have confirmed it. That is protocol for the DNR.

Please get out and enjoy the rest of the summer on the lake!

Mary Dettloff
DNR Public Information Officer

Welcome to the site and thanks for taking the time to reply!

·
Registered
322 Posts
i had a guy i know tell me he caught a snakehead in algonac from shore, he told me he threw it back and didnt send it to the dnr, his excuse was that if one is there you cant stop it now, i dont believe him one bit, i think hes fulkl of carp

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.