Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone at this site is a pilot,and fly's a flying dingy. I'm looking for some info on these crafts. I've seen the one at the jobbie boat party,but never got a chance to talk to the pilot.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Remind me later, I have a business card at home and he told me he would take me up for $50 for a test ride. Those run close to $20 grand for a new one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Aggressortom @ Aug 12 2003, 03:14 PM)Remind me later, I have a business card at home and he told me he would take me up for $50 for a test ride. Those run close to $20 grand for a new one.
Hey thanks alot. I know there not cheap, but very cool.

Thanks

G

·
A friend got a card last year in Muscamoot. The guy was giving test rides for something like $25 for 15 minutes (maybe discounted from the $50 because he could pick up and drop off people easily there.)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(Bill272 @ Aug 12 2003, 03:47 PM)A friend got a card last year in Muscamoot. The guy was giving test rides for something like $25 for 15 minutes (maybe discounted from the $50 because he could pick up and drop off people easily there.)
Thank you Bill.

G

·
Cool website. I would be a little concerned about one step in the 'Wing Set-up' section - "(14) ATTACH JESUS STRAP." Yikes, that sounds important, wouldn't want to leave that off...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Bill272 @ Aug 12 2003, 05:22 PM)Cool website. I would be a little concerned about one step in the 'Wing Set-up' section - "(14) ATTACH JESUS STRAP." Yikes, that sounds important, wouldn't want to leave that off...
No doubt !!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
The guys name is Red, he lives on the Metro Beach Canal a few houses before where the sheriff's always are.
He is a trainer for those flying boats.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Aug 12 2003, 05:38 PM)The guys name is Red, he lives on the Metro Beach Canal a few houses before where the sheriff's always are.
He is a trainer for those flying boats.
Cool thanks Money

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
went up when he was on strawberry last year for 25.00 i thought it was worth it . pretty cool . couldnt get wife to try it though she thought i was nuts .

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(bobrob20 @ Aug 12 2003, 07:26 PM)went up when he was on strawberry last year for 25.00 i thought it was worth it . pretty cool . couldnt get wife to try it though she thought i was nuts .
I'm thinking of buying one but first i want to take a ride. Did it seem stable?

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
i thought so wasnt shaky or anything . guy didnt have any problems taking off or landing really smooth i thought .

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(bobrob20 @ Aug 12 2003, 08:05 PM)i thought so wasnt shaky or anything . guy didnt have any problems taking off or landing really smooth i thought .
Very cool thanks for the input bobrob

·
Registered
55 Posts
WENT UP LAST YEAR AND WHAT A THRILL. GOT TO TAKE OFF AND LAND COUPLE OF TIMES AS WE HAD TO GET GAS. I AM NORMALLY SCARED OF HEIGHTS, BUT I WOULD DO THIS AGAIN.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(pearld @ Aug 13 2003, 09:46 AM)
WENT UP LAST YEAR AND WHAT A THRILL. GOT TO TAKE OFF AND LAND COUPLE OF TIMES AS WE HAD TO GET GAS. I AM NORMALLY SCARED OF HEIGHTS, BUT I WOULD DO THIS AGAIN.
Thank You Pearld

1 - 19 of 19 Posts