Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had 25 fish up the last 3 days I have fished and only 4 have hit the baits plus 2 short hits by small fish. Is this happening to other casters??

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK Kid. We had the big one on by the white house today on a Super Shad about Noon.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(muskiebobsr @ Jun 23 2009, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We have had 25 fish up the last 3 days I have fished and only 4 have hit the baits plus 2 short hits by small fish. Is this happening to other casters??

It's happening to me a lot & I have had 3 big girls going on the figure 8 & O & at least twice around (5 times around for 1). On Friday the 50+ that we had seen on the opener came from the back side of the boat when I was just screwing around with a figure 8 after a retrieve. She started then stopped then started chasing again. It was pretty cool yet frustrating.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Same thing here lots of follows. My friend had one up to the boat but it swam away. He did some Os and figure 8s after wards. The fish went to the bottom and when his lure was just sitting in the water it came back and hit but he missed the hook set. It was not a monster but a 40s fish.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jun 23 2009, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes. they will turn on thursday though..

Can I have that guarantee in writing?

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
QUOTE(Zib @ Jun 23 2009, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jun 23 2009, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes. they will turn on thursday though..

Yes... take the day off work. and get out around 6.. there will be window around 8 -10 then another before the storm. good luck
I am guaranting a 4 fish day for myself

·
Registered
731 Posts
QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jun 23 2009, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Zib @ Jun 23 2009, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jun 23 2009, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes. they will turn on thursday though..

Yes... take the day off work. and get out around 6.. there will be window around 8 -10 then another before the storm. good luck

Dang! I want to take off from work, but my boss would know exactly what I was doing, fishing! I think (or hope) they will turn on Wednesday night when I am able to hit the water.

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
QUOTE(Junkster @ Jun 23 2009, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jun 23 2009, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Zib @ Jun 23 2009, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jun 23 2009, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes. they will turn on thursday though..

Dang! I want to take off from work, but my boss would know exactly what I was doing, fishing! I think (or hope) they will turn on Wednesday night when I am able to hit the water.

tomorrow should be good too

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Same here I can't get any followers to hit no mater what I do. I'll be out Thursday too one way or another in one boat or the other...Good luck guys.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
QUOTE(muskiebobsr @ Jun 23 2009, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We have had 25 fish up the last 3 days I have fished and only 4 have hit the baits plus 2 short hits by small fish. Is this happening to other casters??
Hi Bob,
Was out Monday 10 am to 3 pm. Had one hit and one launch out of the water just missing my Bucktail. Did not have any follows?
Tuesday went out from 4-8 pm. I had nothing and my buddy Mike had one, or a big Pike, but lost it. We got one nice sized Bass on the Bucktail. Caught other Bass and some Rock Bass messing around on spinners. Lot of jet skiers around us. We fished from 13 mile to up and around the point from Metro. Shallow and deep. Shallow worked better for us? Fished clear and stained water. Dirtier worked better for us. Used 5 different Bucktails and a beliver. The Brunner Bee was the choice. Moment of the day was seeing my buddy Mike show me how far he could cast his Bass lure and watching it snap off his line and out of site
. Let me tell you, they go a whole lot farther without line attached to them. He casts like Tarzan and loses a lot.

Tight Lines!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts