Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the last 250 years, which single invention do you feel has driven our society to become what it is today?

I will post my thoughts after reading some of yours.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Too early in the morning for me to answer that right now!

Let me think...and currently thinking about my topic today.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts

Single invention???

Of course that is impossible to surmise because infinite pieces contribute to that neverending puzzle. However... I usually go with transportation means (freighters, trains, cars, planes), television or the internet!

But then you could say sex! Without it we wouldn't be here today fo sho!

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(pauligan @ Apr 9 2004, 08:44 AM)

Single invention???

Of course that is impossible to surmise because infinite pieces contribute to that neverending puzzle. However... I usually go with transportation means (freighters, trains, cars, planes), television or the internet!

I see where your mind is today, but I think sex dates back just a little farther than 250 years!!!

·
AKA: Veronique
1,218 Posts
What about electricity? Wasn't that invented (or controlled for our personal use) within the last 250 years?

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(Cassie @ Apr 9 2004, 09:24 AM)What about electricity? Wasn't that invented (or controlled for our personal use) within the last 250 years?
Ding Ding Ding
We have a winner.....without electricity, nearly every other modern day invention would not have been possible.

What does she win, Johnny?

·
AKA: Veronique
1,218 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Apr 9 2004, 08:44 AM)

Single invention???

I thought you were gonna say batteries!!!

j/k

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(John Maniaci @ Apr 9 2004, 04:38 PM)Electricity was not invented. It was discovered. The use of it spawned many inventions.

Smarty Pance.

Mini
I am NINJA....smarty panciest

1 - 13 of 13 Posts