Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a jet ski for sale and have it posted here and on Craigslist. Any suggestions for other locations to post that you have had luck with? I am having decent action on it from Craigslist.

The boat on the other hand, I have listed on Craigslist and Boattrader.com. Not a great time to try to sell a boat in Michigan.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Most of the photos on Craigslist suck. If you can (or have) post better pictures than most (via outside hosting), that helps.

Good luck!

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(Away Point @ Jul 17 2009, 07:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Most of the photos on Craigslist suck. If you can (or have) post better pictures than most (via outside hosting), that helps.

Good luck!
That's how I sold my boat, and helped Newbie sell her's. Made a web page with lots of pictures, then put the link to that on the Craig's list ad.

Craig's is the way to go. But people want a deal. If you aren't selling low, you will sit on it for a while.

·
Registered
97 Posts
QUOTE(Mark @ Jul 17 2009, 07:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have a jet ski for sale and have it posted here and on Craigslist. Any suggestions for other locations to post that you have had luck with? I am having decent action on it from Craigslist.

The boat on the other hand, I have listed on Craigslist and Boattrader.com. Not a great time to try to sell a boat in Michigan.

Try www.kijiji.com, it is almost the same thing as craigs, but ebay advertises it on there site and I think may own it.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Have to agree with Craigs, especially for lower priced items. Just sold a bunch of old stereo gear for $360 yesterday
The only place I've had success selling boats was Boat Trader.

And if you're searching Craigs List, try www.searchtempest.com - you can do much more specific searches, and hit multiple CL's at one time. Pretty slick...

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
QUOTE(Chriznat25 @ Jul 17 2009, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What kind of jet-ski? Details please

Sometimes LSCN is a good place to sell too

I agree with Chris on this one.

Put it in the LSCN classifieds and give us details.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I already have it in the lscn classifieds. It is a 1999 Yamaha Waverunner GP1200x. With trailer, 41 hours. Two scratches on the hood. Quick shift trim system, adjustable sponsons, and a new battery this season. (I have 38 hrs on the ad, I just looked and it has 41). I have it listed for $3800, but I am flexible.

Wheel Automotive design Jet ski Motor vehicle Tire

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Blue

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts