Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

Forget your ATM card at the bar

585 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  SKUZA 
QUOTE(SKUZA @ Sep 16 2009, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This past saturday I forgot my ATM card at a local restaurant/bar. I had them hold my tab open and only wound up buying one more beer. Due to some drama at the end of the night I forgot to go back and cash out. I show up the next day around noon and they go in back and come back to tell me they don't have it. At that point I'm kinda speechless and ask if I can leave my number in case they find it. I then go home to check that nothing was charged and cancel the card. The operator confirmed my tab was cashed out and no other charges were made.
I'm just annoyed by the whole fact. They take responsibility of your card and should NOT lose it! I'm glad that it might have just been an accident but still. This is an established business and have not gotten a call to apoligize or offer an explanation. Anyone else have anything like this ever happen?

I am sure it was an honest mistake, otherwise your account would have already been compromised. Credit/ATM thieves hit hard and quick, to do as much damage as they can before you notice your card missing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.