Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here own a Four Winns Vista 23 - 26 Ft Cruiser, 1995 - 2000 year?
I've been looking at them lately and they have the head room I need.
They have an unusual hull shape and I was wondering how they handle in rough seas. They also seem well constructed. I really like the new 2003 268 Vista with the curved arch but its out of my price range so I'll have to go for a used one.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess no one has a vista! They must suck!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hey dno!
I am surprised that no one responded. There are a lot of Vistas on Lake St. Clair. We are also looking at used Vistas - we want to move up from a 22 ft. bowrider. I did hear the ride is good due to the
Vista's hull design. We also like the Volvos with the dual prop.
jdpower.com gives Four Winns cruisers a pretty good rating.
Yahoo has a Four Winns owner group on the forums. And the boatus.com forum has a lot of Vista info.
If you buy a new boat, please post all the details!
Good luck.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The new 268 Vista with the arch is awesom looking and the perfect size for us. Its pricey though. I've seen a lot of used ones on Boat Trader. If I get one I'll post the details.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 1999 238 vista. We are very happy with it. Been in 8 ft seas and made it though. I think it rides OK in rough water. I had a 1982 Sea Ray Sundancer many years ago and I think the Four Winns rides better. It is much more stable walking around the boat for sure. This is the 4th season for it. We trailer it all over the great lakes. This the 2nd Four Winns and I would buy another. We have had some problems with the boat but Four Winns always made sure we were happy with the repairs.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Hey DNO, Lakeside (I thiink it was Lakeside) had a 1995 250 Sundancer for $29K at the boat show. It was a sweet boat. Had 454 in it too. I would guess it would cruise nicely at around 35MPH or somewhere close to that. It was in pretty good condition too. I considered it but he didnt want to deal. Thats with a trailer too. That dealer is across from Greenstreet Tavern in New Baltimore. That I am sure of, just not the name of the dealer. they sell Chapparel boats. I dont know if they still have it or not. Might be worth a look though. I am 6' 6" and it had enough room for me. Besides, the only time you are in the cabin is to sleep.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(Spider @ May 28 2003, 02:01 AM)Hey DNO, Lakeside (I thiink it was Lakeside) had a 1995 250 Sundancer for $29K at the boat show. It was a sweet boat. Had 454 in it too. I would guess it would cruise nicely at around 35MPH or somewhere close to that. It was in pretty good condition too. I considered it but he didnt want to deal. Thats with a trailer too. That dealer is across from Greenstreet Tavern in New Baltimore. That I am sure of, just not the name of the dealer. they sell Chapparel boats. I dont know if they still have it or not. Might be worth a look though. I am 6' 6" and it had enough room for me. Besides, the only time you are in the cabin is to sleep.
I know about that 250, I checked it out at the boat show also. I'm 6"2" and the main problem for me is headroom in the cabin. I know the main use is for sleeping but If I can bump my head while sitting at the table it feels way to cramped for me. I've looked at quite a few sundancers and if I go with one it will at least be a 268 or bigger for this reason.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts